Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-29T16:25:46Z by Sivalanka
Sidhumohan
Sidhumohan
34 Posts

Pinned topic Is it possible to replace all adapter commands in a single go?

‏2012-10-25T04:19:17Z |
I am facing the following issue in our team.

Following is the command we are using in database adpater while deploying in our server.But the problem is we have to replace the connect parameters everytime when testing locally and this is creating problems bcoz of so many cards, someone will missout somewhere to change. Is there any method available inorder to replace the adapter command all in a single go like a FIND AND REPLACE?

(Using MDQ is not a solution as we are conencting in all places using direct DB conenct)

-DBTYPE ORACLE -CONNECT %POIDBCONNECT% -USER %POIDBUSER% -PW %POIDBPWD% -TABLE STGNG_PMT_TRX_INF -CSTMT 100001 -TE+ db5.log
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!!!
Updated on 2012-10-29T16:25:46Z at 2012-10-29T16:25:46Z by Sivalanka
  • Sivalanka
    Sivalanka
    15 Posts

Re: Is it possible to replace all adapter commands in a single go?

‏2012-10-25T16:33:07Z  
    Resource registry might help you. Just set the connection parameters in Resource Registry, so you don't need to change the values in multiple cards, whenever you change your servers.
    Also another advantage with resource registry is that you don't need to keep your database password transparent in the maps, instead you can set all the DB parameters in the resource registry. Let me know if you need more help on setting up the resource registry.
  • Sidhumohan
    Sidhumohan
    34 Posts

‏2012-10-29T04:13:41Z  
    • Sivalanka
    • ‏2012-10-25T16:33:07Z
    Resource registry might help you. Just set the connection parameters in Resource Registry, so you don't need to change the values in multiple cards, whenever you change your servers.
    Also another advantage with resource registry is that you don't need to keep your database password transparent in the maps, instead you can set all the DB parameters in the resource registry. Let me know if you need more help on setting up the resource registry.
    Can you give me a brief explanation on setting up the resource registry and how to configure DB parameters in the resource registry.
  • Sidhumohan
    Sidhumohan
    34 Posts

‏2012-10-29T10:33:25Z  
    • Sivalanka
    • ‏2012-10-25T16:33:07Z
    Hi,

I tried out with Resource Registry. Its working fine and its solved a great annoying repetitive work.
    Thanks for your supprot!!!!!!!!!
    :)
  • Sivalanka
    Sivalanka
    15 Posts

‏2012-10-29T16:25:46Z  
    Hi,

I tried out with Resource Registry. Its working fine and its solved a great annoying repetitive work.
    Thanks for your supprot!!!!!!!!!
    :)
    Glad to know, it worked out for you :)