Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-24T18:31:04Z by SystemAdmin
sstarkey
sstarkey
9 Posts

Pinned topic ssh from start-all.sh failing in the cloud

‏2012-10-24T17:47:05Z |
I am using BigInsights V1.4 in the cloud (EC2). Many of the components at starup (start-all.sh) issue an ssh command like the following:
ssh "ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal" "........some shell script"

The problem I am having is that every time I stop and start the EC2 server, I get a new ip address (ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal). Where in BigInsights do I change the ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal value so that all the invocations of ssh pickup the correct value??

I thought I had found one for hadoop in a hdm.properties file, but that didn't work.

Thanks for your help,

Scott
Updated on 2012-10-24T18:31:04Z at 2012-10-24T18:31:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • sstarkey
    sstarkey
    9 Posts

Re: ssh from start-all.sh failing in the cloud

‏2012-10-24T18:23:59Z  
    I have looked using the linux find command, and ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal is in properties files and others all over the BigInsights system. I think this is actually a node name. Is there a way at the linux level I can direct references of ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal to the new ip address I received after cycling the EC2 server?

I apologize if my questions are trivial. I am a linux and BI newbie. I would greatly appreciate any help someone could provide.

Thanks,

Scott
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

Re: ssh from start-all.sh failing in the cloud

‏2012-10-24T18:31:04Z  
    • sstarkey
    • ‏2012-10-24T18:23:59Z
    I have looked using the linux find command, and ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal is in properties files and others all over the BigInsights system. I think this is actually a node name. Is there a way at the linux level I can direct references of ip-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.ec2.internal to the new ip address I received after cycling the EC2 server?

I apologize if my questions are trivial. I am a linux and BI newbie. I would greatly appreciate any help someone could provide.

Thanks,

Scott
    Hi Scott,

BigInsights only supports static IP addresses. I am not aware of any workaround.

Thank you,

Zach