Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-10-24T21:23:44Z by ldubois
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3129 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic .NET Windows Service program on PROD not accessing IBM.DB2 database

‏2012-10-24T15:58:43Z |
Hello,
I have a .NET Windows Service program developed in .NET 4. My program works well on my development environment. However when I deploy the program with the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.dll on the Production server I get the below error. I should also mentioned that the PROD environment has the Client Access installed and is registered in GAC with version 10.0.0.0 while the IBM dll I copied to my program is version 12.0.0.0. I am not sure why my program is not connecting to the AS400 database since it is referencing the IBM dll in my deployed application folder. The error I received is:-

iDB2InvalidConnectionStringException.Message: The ConnectionString property is invalid.
iDB2InvalidConnectionStringException.InnerException.Message: The type initializer for 'IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2Constants' threw an exception.
iDB2InvalidConnectionStringException.StackTrace + Source + InnerException.StackTrace: at IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2Connection..ctor(String connectionString)
at Danieli_Windows_Service.DanieliLibrary.Common.DB..ctor(String db_type) in C:\L3DataL2Migration\DataMigration\Danieli_Windows_Service\DanieliLibrary\Common\DB.cs:line 41.
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries. at IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item(String keyword, Object value)
at IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionStringBuilder.ParseConnectionString(String& propString, String& propertyInError, Exception& innerException)

Does anyone have a solution?
Updated on 2012-10-24T21:23:44Z at 2012-10-24T21:23:44Z by ldubois
  • ldubois
    ldubois
    122 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: .NET Windows Service program on PROD not accessing IBM.DB2 database

‏2012-10-24T21:23:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The .NET provider is not a standalone component. It must be installed as part of the IBM i Access for Windows product, because it depends upon other parts of the product for things like communications, security, translations, etc. You will need to install IBM i Access for Windows onto your production server. You can select a custom install and deselect the pieces you don't need.