Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T23:29:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Why does Cognos Connection go into a loop when I launch IBM Cognos Admin?

‏2012-10-24T13:59:22Z |
With the installation of Cognos 10.1.1 I have noticed some peculiar behavior when trying to launch IBM Cognos Administration. All of the URIs in my configuration have had the "localhost" replaced by my machine name and I have configured the environment to use cognosisapi.dll. If I try to access Cognos Administration using the following URL: http://<machine name>/IBMCOGNOS/CGI-BIN/COGNOSISAPI.DLL the Cognos web site goes into a loop that can only be stopped by shutting down the IE tab. However, if I access Cognos Administration after entering the following URL: http://localhost/IBMCOGNOS/CGI-BIN/COGNOSISAPI.DLL, the Cognos web site does not go into a loop. This is very odd behavior to me and I am at a loss on how to resolve it. I don't want to have to use the localhost version of the URL because there is something about the way the web page is rendered that is out of alignment. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how to resolve it?
Updated on 2013-02-04T23:29:05Z at 2013-02-04T23:29:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Why does Cognos Connection go into a loop when I launch IBM Cognos Admin?

‏2012-10-24T14:16:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In case anyone is looking into this I wanted to provide a little more information. I am currently running Cognos 10.1.1 on a Windows 8 machine using IE 10.0. I think the source of the issue is a bug between Cognos 10.1.1 and IE 10. I installed Firefox and tried to duplicate the issue and everything worked exactly as it should.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      15496 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Why does Cognos Connection go into a loop when I launch IBM Cognos Admin?

‏2013-02-04T23:29:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Wow, I thought I was the only one that was experiencing this. It is occurring in my environment, but with the cognos.cgi configured. I haven't tried to set everything back to localhost, but will do so to see if I can get into Cognos Administration. I have installed Cognos 10.1.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 server with IIS 7.5. I will keep an eye out on this post and update my findings if I ever get this resolved. Have you had any updates or resolution to this since you entered it back in Oct.?