10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-11T16:52:23Z by HP-ESP
MartinMotovsky
MartinMotovsky
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAS(8.5) + Spring Security: Using an LDAP Authentication Provider

‏2012-10-24T07:29:40Z |
Hello all,
I have tested this simple tutorial "Spring Security - MVC: Using an LDAP Authentication Provider":
http://krams915.blogspot.co.at/2011/01/spring-security-mvc-using-ldap.html

I am able to run it successfully at Tomcat, Glassfish, even at WAS8.5 Liberty Profile. But when I run it at the full WAS profile, I experience the following exception:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx incompatible with org.springframework.ldap.core.DirContextAdapter
at org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate$2.mapFromContext(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java:157)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.ContextMapperCallbackHandler.getObjectFromNameClassPair(ContextMapperCallbackHandler.java:67)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.handleNameClassPair(CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.java:50)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:297)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:259)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:606)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:524)
at org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.searchForSingleAttributeValues(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java:172)

After the surfing at Internet, I tried the following:
a)
In the Administrative Console,
Server-specific Application Settings -> Classloader policy I set up: Single.
Server-specific Application Settings -> Class loading mode: I tried both options - "Classes loaded with parent class loader first" as well as "Classes loaded with local class loader first (parent last)"
I have restarted server after each change.

b)
I found a recommendation to set up a custom property
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility = true
in the Administrative Console -> Application servers -> my server -> Web container -> Customer properties.

Nothing from the above helped.

I have noticed, that when I see into the Class loader viewer, the class com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory is loaded by two classloaders:
1) Extension - com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader
and also by
2) Module - com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader

I guess, that the above information could help to solve the problem.

Thanks for the hint how to step forward.
Martin
Updated on 2013-04-03T11:45:04Z at 2013-04-03T11:45:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    37426 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAS(8.5) + Spring Security: Using an LDAP Authentication Provider

‏2013-01-03T15:02:25Z  in response to MartinMotovsky
    Hi Martin - did you get an answer/solution to this? I'm hitting exactly the same problem and can't find anything other than complex classloading discussions!
    • MartinMotovsky
      MartinMotovsky
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T08:08:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Unfortunately I did not find the solution. Fortunately (for me only and I know that just temporarily), it was just a test, I did not need it immediately - so I put it away.
      • gduser
        gduser
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T14:38:56Z  in response to MartinMotovsky
        I have the same problem. On WAS 8.0.0.5 it is working fine, on WAS 8.5.0.1 it is not.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          37426 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T22:03:51Z  in response to gduser
          I am experiencing the exact same problem.
          "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx incompatible with org.springframework.ldap.core.DirContextAdapter"
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            37426 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T09:04:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I am using Websphere Application Server 8.5.0.1 and I am facing exactly the same problem:

22.2.2013 8:41:58:397 EET 00000087 webapp E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [S
            ervlet Error]-ServletNameNotFound: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx incompatible with org.sprin
            gframework.ldap.core.DirContextAdapter
            at org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate$2.mapFromContext(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java
            :158)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.ContextMapperCallbackHandler.getObjectFromNameClassPair(ContextMapperCallbackHa
            ndler.java:67)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.handleNameClassPair(CollectingNameClassP
            airCallbackHandler.java:50)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:297)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:259)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:606)
            at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:524)

Does anyone know a workaround for this, or whether it will be fixed in SP 2 ?

Seems that the same LDAP problem with spring security has been also in WAS 8.0 but it has been fixed in 8.0.0.2.
            http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?122586-com-sun-jndi-ldap-LdapCtx-incompatible-with-org-springspringframework-ldap-core-DirCo

I also found this workaround, but I dont think it's a good option to write all the ldap code again from scratch.
            http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14778529

Has anyone managed to get the Spring Security LDAP stuff working in WAS 8.5 ?
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              37426 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T13:27:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi, It sounds like you have something that works on V8.0.0.2 and not V8.5.0.1 so I think opening a PMR for the service team to look at would be the nest next step.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                37426 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-14T06:07:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi, yeah I think that would be a good thing to do next. I will find out whether someone in my organisation can raise the PMR ticket about this. Thank you!
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  37426 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-03T11:45:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi, i am facing the same problem with

Websphere
                  Integrated Solutions Console, 8.5.0.1
                  Build Number: cf011242.02
                  Build Date: 10/17/12
                  Is there anybody having a solution?
                  • Hosehead
                    Hosehead
                    1 Post
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-16T10:05:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hello. I found the solution. Installing IBM iFix 8.5.0.0-WS-WASProd-IFPM74498 fixed the problem in WAS 8.5.0.0. Not sure whether the same fix can be installed in 8.5.0.1 though.

Best regards,

Hosehead