Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-26T14:16:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
570 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error: Connection to the service is not available.

‏2012-10-23T19:17:47Z |
Hi,

I have implemented custom login module to connect to portal server hosted on different location, after that implement plugin, webview overlay to display the protected server page on the worklight application. This implementation has done couple of months back and it was working fine with Android Emulator. But now when I try to execute the same with Android Emulator, I am getting an error that "Client init failed. Connection to the service is not available."

I have enclosed the screen shots of the error and the log file. Kindly check it out and help me fix this issue.
Here is my environment details:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Indigo Release
Build id: 20110615-0604

Worklight Studio Feature 4.2.1.1189

Android Development Toolkit
Version: 18.0.0.v201203301601-306762

Pkg.Desc=Android SDK Platform 4.0.3
Platform.Version=4.0.3
AndroidVersion.ApiLevel=15

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    570 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error: Connection to the service is not available.

‏2012-10-23T19:21:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Enclosed log as well

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      570 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error: Connection to the service is not available.

‏2012-10-26T14:16:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      PortalNotes,

Is it possible for you to move up to the current release of Worklight v5? Worklight 4.2 is the older release of Worklight before the IBM acquisition and we encourage everyone to move up to get the latest features and support. If you're not in production on 4.2 it might not make much sense to continue with it.

You can find the IBM Worklight v5 free Developer Edition and Getting Started modules here:
      http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight.html

You can find the What's New in IBM Worklight v5 doc here:
      http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/getting-started/documentation.html

Also on that site is the Administration Guide. Look in Appendix G for information on migrating from Worklight v4.2 to v5.

Hope this helps.
      Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight