Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-24T19:11:56Z by jcdelmo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
849 Posts

Pinned topic Inventory collection progress should have additional stage

‏2012-10-23T14:56:25Z |
The current implementation of the "Rebuild run unit content" has a serious problem in that it brings to the queue all run units that need rebuilding. This is a shotgun approach that does not allow for selectivity when trying to resolve only some of the RUs.
It would help if the requeue process was separated into a preceding stage "Requeue incomplete RUs". This would allow to control the queue stopping just after this new step and the use some side SQL to remove from the queue unwanted RUs.
I am bringing this up because run unit resolution speed is very bad. We are experiencing over 12 hours for 4-5K RUs. This combined with the inexplicable lack of a stop postprocessor request does not help with the inventory process.
Updated on 2012-10-24T19:11:56Z at 2012-10-24T19:11:56Z by jcdelmo
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    345 Posts

Re: Inventory collection progress should have additional stage

‏2012-10-23T17:05:03Z  
    The idea has merit. Let me consider it for a fix pack.

On the 'very bad' -- this has been brought up before. I've analyzed the process a number of times. There are only 6 basic SQL statements involved in run unit building. Would it be possible for you to debug a few run units with -D9 and SET DD:DB2TRACE = c:\temp\db2Trace.log for me? I need more information to address the 'very bad', as I do not have it occurring here in development environment.

Thanks in advance...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-10-23T17:58:52Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-10-23T17:05:03Z
    The idea has merit. Let me consider it for a fix pack.

On the 'very bad' -- this has been brought up before. I've analyzed the process a number of times. There are only 6 basic SQL statements involved in run unit building. Would it be possible for you to debug a few run units with -D9 and SET DD:DB2TRACE = c:\temp\db2Trace.log for me? I need more information to address the 'very bad', as I do not have it occurring here in development environment.

Thanks in advance...
    Thank you John,

Is this what you mean?

set SET DD:DB2TRACE = c:\temp\db2Trace.log
    cd raahome
    bin\dmh6000.bat DMHDB id pw -H:raahome -A -S5 -Q5 -D9

And kill it after the Analysis queue shows it has loaded all pending and has consumed some of them ?
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    345 Posts

‏2012-10-24T19:11:56Z  
    Thank you John,

Is this what you mean?

set SET DD:DB2TRACE = c:\temp\db2Trace.log
    cd raahome
    bin\dmh6000.bat DMHDB id pw -H:raahome -A -S5 -Q5 -D9

And kill it after the Analysis queue shows it has loaded all pending and has consumed some of them ?
    Yes, please send all log files generated (and the DB2 trace output)