• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-24T08:41:05Z by Krogen
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts

Pinned topic Column spanning: Word table from a DOORS table

‏2012-10-23T14:55:04Z |
Hello,

I am publishing a Word document from DOORS data that contains a DOORS table. The DOORS table has variable width cells in the same column (sometimes called "column spanning"). The attached image is a chart very similar to what I hope to illustrate through a table. Each object in the DOORS table specifies the desired cell width in its attributes. Each object in the DOORS table specifies the desired cell width in its attributes. I have tried many settings in the RPE Document Template, but Word continues to assign every cell in a column the same width as the widest cell in that column.

My template formats the table through Module/Object/Table, Module/Object/Table/Row and Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell queries. The table style specifies "fixed cell width in columns" and "resize to fit contents" as "false". The cellWidth property of the cell in my template is set to the Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell query's "TableCellWidth" attribute. I have also tried setting the colSpan attribute without any success.

Has anyone successfully published Word tables with variable width cells in the same column through RPE? Is there a software limitation keeping me from this goal?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Updated on 2012-10-24T08:41:05Z at 2012-10-24T08:41:05Z by Krogen
  • Krogen
    Krogen
    7 Posts

Re: Column spanning: Word table from a DOORS table

‏2012-10-23T16:03:59Z  
    You should fix the Property Formating =>Specific => "cell with" to
    TableCellWidthTableCellWidth => TableCellWidth

Hope this help you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2012-10-23T18:18:01Z  
    • Krogen
    • ‏2012-10-23T16:03:59Z
    You should fix the Property Formating =>Specific => "cell with" to
    TableCellWidthTableCellWidth => TableCellWidth

Hope this help you.
    Thank you for your response, but I don't quite understand. Is there a typo in your response?

I attached a picture that shows how the elements are laid out in my template. It also shows how I set the cell's "Formatting > specific > cell width" property to the Data Expression "module/object/table/row/object/TableCellWidth".

Thanks for your help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2012-10-23T18:40:19Z  
    Thank you for your response, but I don't quite understand. Is there a typo in your response?

I attached a picture that shows how the elements are laid out in my template. It also shows how I set the cell's "Formatting > specific > cell width" property to the Data Expression "module/object/table/row/object/TableCellWidth".

Thanks for your help.
    I forgot an important detail. I modified the template to output the value of the Data Expression (TableCellWidth) I assign to the cell's "cell width" property. The numbers output are the same widths assigned each cell in DOORS--all are measurements in pixel units.
  • Krogen
    Krogen
    7 Posts

‏2012-10-24T08:41:05Z  
    I forgot an important detail. I modified the template to output the value of the Data Expression (TableCellWidth) I assign to the cell's "cell width" property. The numbers output are the same widths assigned each cell in DOORS--all are measurements in pixel units.
    Hi, the configuration I wrote was to maintain in the word document the cell with of the doors object. I thought it was what you were requesting.
    Attached to this post is a picture of the cell configuration I have in my templates where the with is the same.