Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-08T14:46:44Z by a.mansoor
a.mansoor
a.mansoor
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DOORS Indentation lacking in Word export when style is applied in RPE

‏2012-10-22T17:45:19Z |
I am using RPE 1.1.2.2 and I find that DOORS indentation is not exported correctly when a style that has its own indentation is used. RPE publishes the text indented in DOORS with indentation, but the indentation of the text is not added to the indentation of the style. Rather the indentation is applied from the starting position of the Normal style. Though the text does have the style that I applied to it in RPE.

E.g (using spaces to represent indentation):

In DOORS

blah blah lbah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

In word this is exported as
blah blah lbah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

_ <- this indentation is carried over correctly, but it is not added to the indentation of the style
This problem can be solved by using tab characters from Word and pasting them into DOORS instead of using the DOORS built in indentation tool. I am dealing with a very large document that is full of these indented paragraphs and I would rather avoid changing all the indentations to tabs.

Is there a way to get RPE to additively indent the text of the paragraphs? I attached the RPE template that I am using and a word template clearly showing the problem.
Updated on 2012-11-08T14:46:44Z at 2012-11-08T14:46:44Z by a.mansoor
  • a.mansoor
    a.mansoor
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DOORS Indentation lacking in Word export when style is applied in RPE

‏2012-10-22T17:47:49Z  in response to a.mansoor
    Using white space to fake indentation does not seem to work. I attached the RPE template I am using to this post. I am using DOORS 9.3
    • oymsj001
      oymsj001
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-08T01:40:34Z  in response to a.mansoor
      Hi a.mansoor,

Can you explain how you are indenting in DOORS without tabs? Do you mean the heading levels?
      Like:

Heading 1
      Text
      Heading 2
      Text
      Heading 3
      Text

I am trying to recreate the problem you are having, but I am not too sure what indentation you are talking about.
      Sam
      • a.mansoor
        a.mansoor
        17 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-08T14:46:44Z  in response to oymsj001
        Thanks Sam,

To indent in DOORS without pressing tab you must use the formatting tools. from view->customize tools->formatting you can enable the formatting tools.

I couldn't solve the problem, but I found a workaround. manually applying an indentation in RPE to all paragraphs works.