Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-22T09:31:53Z by d.parini
d.parini
d.parini
27 Posts

Pinned topic Rules emitting events with no parameters

‏2012-10-22T08:07:13Z |
Hi, i followed the guides on the documentation to manage to emit events from my rules. (Using ODM v8.0)
I have an event that triggers the invocation of a rule. The rule then emits an event, that directly causes an action.
event->action->rule->event->action
I get the correct output while running the rule project locally in Eclipse as rule project run configuration. By correct i mean that i get as output an xml representing the exact action object that i'm expecting.
However, when running it on my standalone server (installed on localhost), i obtain an action object without fields! That is, the event->action->rule->event->action chain works properly, but my action object has uninitialized fileds.
Any suggestion?

Davide
Updated on 2012-10-22T09:31:53Z at 2012-10-22T09:31:53Z by d.parini
  • WBE
    WBE
    99 Posts

Re: Rules emitting events with no parameters

‏2012-10-22T08:12:31Z  
    Hi Davide,

It might be because the runtime couldn't find a valid value for the corresponding BO field. I suggest you switch on the usertrace (instructions in infocenter) and take a look at trace.log

Regards
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-22T09:24:10Z  
    • WBE
    • ‏2012-10-22T08:12:31Z
    Hi Davide,

It might be because the runtime couldn't find a valid value for the corresponding BO field. I suggest you switch on the usertrace (instructions in infocenter) and take a look at trace.log

Regards
    Thank you for your reply.

Here is what it seems to be causing the null things:

[10/22/12 11:17:43:843 CEST] 000000e4 PreProcessor  W   BEER2894W: Event object LogRequest could not be located in the Event Runtime.  The event object will be ignored.

Note that LogRequest is the object generated by the "import events" utility of rule designer. It should have an integer field (value) and a string (response). How could i fix this?

I'm attaching a file with the full trace of a single event->action->rule->event->action execution (the one containing the row reported above).
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-22T09:31:53Z  
    • d.parini
    • ‏2012-10-22T09:24:10Z
    Thank you for your reply.

Here is what it seems to be causing the null things:

<pre class="jive-pre"> [10/22/12 11:17:43:843 CEST] 000000e4 PreProcessor W BEER2894W: Event object LogRequest could not be located in the Event Runtime. The event object will be ignored. </pre>

Note that LogRequest is the object generated by the "import events" utility of rule designer. It should have an integer field (value) and a string (response). How could i fix this?

I'm attaching a file with the full trace of a single event->action->rule->event->action execution (the one containing the row reported above).
    Managed to fix the issue. The event object asset in the event project must match exactly the name of the Java class generated by "import events".

I fexed simply with a rename of the event object from "log request" to "LogRequest".

I think this should appear in the documentation, shouldn't it? Do i missed it?