• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-10-14T14:49:02Z by DarshanAC
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic Executing python scripts using dxl

‏2012-10-22T04:49:50Z |
Hello,

Is it possible to execute python scripts from within dxl scripts? If so, how?

-Neeraja.
Updated on 2012-10-22T14:36:54Z at 2012-10-22T14:36:54Z by Mathias Mamsch
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2393 Posts

Re: Executing python scripts using dxl

‏2012-10-22T14:36:54Z  

did you try:

system("python.exe myscript.py")

? Maybe this helps, regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS

Updated on 2014-01-06T15:07:11Z at 2014-01-06T15:07:11Z by iron-man
  • DarshanAC
    DarshanAC
    4 Posts

‏2016-10-13T15:43:08Z  

Hello Mathias,

Can I pass dxl string in this system() command..?

Thanks,

Darshan

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2393 Posts

‏2016-10-14T07:10:05Z  

Hello Mathias,

Can I pass dxl string in this system() command..?

Thanks,

Darshan

Yes. Did you try?

• DarshanAC
    DarshanAC
    4 Posts

‏2016-10-14T07:35:01Z  

Yes. Did you try?

Yes I tried passing string in system() command, but it is not working. Actually I need to make python code dynamic based on the dxl string value.

below is the command I am using in dxl to cal python file.

system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py")

I have a string named 'abc', I need to pass this string via above system() command, because code in python is dependent on sting value.

below is the command where I pass string 'abc'. but its not working.

system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py abc")

Regards,

Darshan

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2393 Posts

‏2016-10-14T10:36:46Z  

Yes I tried passing string in system() command, but it is not working. Actually I need to make python code dynamic based on the dxl string value.

below is the command I am using in dxl to cal python file.

system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py")

I have a string named 'abc', I need to pass this string via above system() command, because code in python is dependent on sting value.

below is the command where I pass string 'abc'. but its not working.

system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py abc")

Regards,

Darshan

If you have a variable named "abc", then you need to append it to the string, otherwise you will only pass the literal "abc" ... I would have thought that might be obvious! e.g. 

string myQuote (string s) {
        return s; // you should quote your strings before you pass them over the commandline!
        // You need to implement this function, if you need it.
    }

string abc = "Hallo"; 
    system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py " (myQuote abc))

Hope this helps, regards, Mathias

Updated on 2016-10-14T10:37:10Z at 2016-10-14T10:37:10Z by Mathias Mamsch
  • DarshanAC
    DarshanAC
    4 Posts

‏2016-10-14T10:42:23Z  

If you have a variable named "abc", then you need to append it to the string, otherwise you will only pass the literal "abc" ... I would have thought that might be obvious! e.g. 

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">string myQuote (string s) { return s; // you should quote your strings before you pass them over the commandline! // You need to implement this function, if you need it. } string abc = "Hallo"; system("C:\\ismPython\\V3_2\\python.exe C:\\Users\\CDH4ABT\\Desktop\\Data\\CLAuDIA\\out\\Intermediate_File.py " (myQuote abc)) </pre>

Hope this helps, regards, Mathias

Thank you very much Mathias.

Is there any possibility that I can get the result of python file, so that I can use that result in dxl script. ?

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2393 Posts

‏2016-10-14T11:01:39Z  

Thank you very much Mathias.

Is there any possibility that I can get the result of python file, so that I can use that result in dxl script. ?

You shoud pass in the name of a temporary file to which the python script stores its output. Then you read the file from DXL after the python finishes. Regards, Mathias

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2393 Posts

‏2016-10-14T11:03:46Z  

You shoud pass in the name of a temporary file to which the python script stores its output. Then you read the file from DXL after the python finishes. Regards, Mathias

By the way, there is a "shell" class inside the DXLParallels tutorial, which you can use: 

https://github.com/domoran/DXLParallels/tree/master/lib/core

It will allow you to read the output of a process, get its exit code, etc. Examples are inside the file. Regards, Mathias

• DarshanAC
    DarshanAC
    4 Posts

‏2016-10-14T14:49:02Z  

Hi Mathias,

Thank you very much for your valuable response.