Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-19T12:06:52Z by SystemAdmin
Jacek_Laskowski
Jacek_Laskowski
133 Posts

Pinned topic server.xml or any LP-specific deployment descriptor in META-INF or similar?

‏2012-10-19T07:27:18Z |
Hi,

I've been wondering if there's a way to configure an application to be deployed onto Liberty Profile with a server.xml or any LP-specific deployment descriptor in META-INF or WEB-INF (wish it'd be the former)? There are some configuration settings (classloader, libraries, security) that have to be in server.xml to be applied to an app and being able to use dropins with such a feature would be very handy.

I could find out that there's some notion of this for LP bundles. I could find OSGI-INF/wlp/defaultInstances.xml which is indeed a server.xml in lib/com.ibm.ws.classloading_1.0.jar which is driven by IBM-Default-Config, but it doesn't seem to work for a web application (not WAB).

Can this be considered a RFE?

Jacek
Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

Re: server.xml or any LP-specific deployment descriptor in META-INF or similar?

‏2012-10-19T12:06:52Z  
    Hi,

There is no way to package application configuration inside an application archive. The mechanism used by the com.ibm.ws.classloading bundle is part of our internal implementation detail and is not available for applications and is doing something very different to what you are asking for.

Please feel free to raise an RFE for this.

Thanks
    Alasdair