4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-22T14:38:41Z by IleneSeelemann
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
64 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WebSphere Application Server trial installation issues on AWS

‏2012-10-18T20:09:50Z |
Hi-

I'm attempting to install WAS using the 60-day trial license to prove out a WAS installation on an Amazon linux server bigger than the sizes currently offered by the IBM AMIs. As such, I've:

• downloaded the installation manager and unzipped it to a local directory
  • installed libgcc47.i686 to run the installer
  • couldn't get the install to work through ssh, so created a keyring entry with sudo ./imutilsc SaveCredential...
  • attempted to use sudo ./userinstc -acceptLicense -showProgress -keyring <key>

It gets about 50% completed, and runs into multiple errors all saying this:

CRIMA1170E: There is already a package installed at "/root" in the "Pluggable Application Client for IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5" package group. The installation directory for the new "IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5" package group must not be a parent or sub-directory of a previously used installation directory.

Any ideas how I can debug and move past this issue?

Cheers,
-James
Updated on 2012-10-22T14:38:41Z at 2012-10-22T14:38:41Z by IleneSeelemann
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    64 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WebSphere Application Server trial installation issues on AWS

‏2012-10-20T20:10:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Alright, I've tried to simplify my question quite a bit.

I have properly installed the Installation Manager and downloaded the WAS 8.5 trial .zip to the server directly. I've unzipped them to the same directory and see the repository file.

Per installation instructions, I should be now running a non-installation with the Installation manager to create the response file to install this server silently on the Amazon Linux server.

Except, I only have the Amazon Linux server to use, so I'm trying to figure out how to create the response file manually to actually install this trial WAS.

In a nutshell: my Installation Manager is at /opt/IBM/Installation Manager. My WAS repository is at /base/IBMFull/install. How can I get them to talk to one another?

Cheers,
    -James
    • IleneSeelemann
      IleneSeelemann
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-21T01:24:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      If I understand your scenario, it's probably simpler to just use the Installation Manager command line to install the trial, instead of recording a response file.

Documentation on command line options can be found here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r5/topic/com.ibm.cic.commandline.doc/topics/r_tools_imcl.html

imcl can be located in the eclipse/tools folder of your Installation Manager install.

Your command will be something like:

imcl com.ibm.websphere.BASETRIAL.v85 -repositories /base/IBMFull/install -keyring <your keyring> -installationDirectory <install directory> -acceptLicense

The package id, also known as offering id (in this case com.ibm.websphere.BASETRIAL.v85) can be looked up here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.installation.base.doc%2Fae%2Fcins_offerings.html/ae/cins_offerings.html

Hope that helps,
      Ilene Seelemann.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        64 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-21T18:53:30Z  in response to IleneSeelemann
        Ilene,

Thanks for the reply! One quick question- where are the package id's located? I can't seem to get that bottom link in your response to work.

Cheers,
        -James
        • IleneSeelemann
          IleneSeelemann
          12 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-22T14:38:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Oops, sorry about that. Try this link:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.installation.base.doc%2Fae%2Fcins_offerings.html