Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T21:34:22Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
304 Posts

Pinned topic Can you export the optim directory from Command Line

‏2012-10-18T16:25:46Z |
Can you export the full optim directory to the .txt file like you can in the gui from the Command line?
Updated on 2012-10-18T21:34:22Z at 2012-10-18T21:34:22Z by SystemAdmin
  • Srinivas Rao
    Srinivas Rao
    61 Posts

Re: Can you export the optim directory from Command Line

‏2012-10-18T16:59:49Z  
    Hi,

If you meant whole optim requests / definitions which are part of a particular Optim directory
    then you can export using "pr0cmnd /export " commamd in commandline just like GUI option (Utilities --> Export).

For more details ,please refer to the sections "Export" and "Command Line Export" in this doc Rt4scomn.pdf/CommonElmts.pdf under ..optim/rt/DOC folder.

thanks

Srinivas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T17:40:07Z  
    Hi,

If you meant whole optim requests / definitions which are part of a particular Optim directory
    then you can export using "pr0cmnd /export " commamd in commandline just like GUI option (Utilities --> Export).

For more details ,please refer to the sections "Export" and "Command Line Export" in this doc Rt4scomn.pdf/CommonElmts.pdf under ..optim/rt/DOC folder.

thanks

Srinivas
    Will that command line option backup the entire directory or just select extracts?

want to see if I can setup a batch to periodically backup and possibly check-in to source the optim directory.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T21:33:22Z  
    Will that command line option backup the entire directory or just select extracts?

want to see if I can setup a batch to periodically backup and possibly check-in to source the optim directory.
    This seems to work.

Only one question when running on 64 bit windows 7 I must run as admin for the dos window. should I be asked to validate the user and password for Each Db alias in the OPTIM DIR?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T21:34:22Z  
    This seems to work.

Only one question when running on 64 bit windows 7 I must run as admin for the dos window. should I be asked to validate the user and password for Each Db alias in the OPTIM DIR?
    pr0cmnd /export type=all name=%.% sub+ file=c:\optim_dir_export.txt

Even though i specified to not ask for the password it would do so each alias(ask for the user and password).