Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T16:52:13Z by SystemAdmin
Chemi
Chemi
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem with Application Center 5.0.0.3 on Tomcat 7.0.x

‏2012-10-18T15:12:04Z |
I have installed WL Server 5.0.0.3 with Installation Manager 1.6.0 on top of a tomcat 7.0.x with Derby.
I reviewed this document: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/wl_5_0_app_center.pdf but it has no too much info about such configuration.

It seems that everything is setup automatically by the installation (i see Tomcat config files touched by the installation process).

I start the Server with startup.bat, the log shows how all applications are deployed... without errors but when I call the Application Center (http://localhost:8080/applicationcenter I got a 404.

Am I missing any step? The mentioned doc doesn't refer too much to Tomcat/Derby installation.

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem with Application Center 5.0.0.3 on Tomcat 7.0.x

‏2012-10-18T15:46:34Z  in response to Chemi
    I am assuming that you can see the worklight console at localhost:8080/worklight/console?

If not, there may be an issue with your install. You can always check if it installed it in another port such as 9080.

I would also check that the settings in /opt/IBM/Worklight/server/wlp/usr/servers/worklightServer/server.xml - there is a part here with the location of the App Center

Ralph Pina
    • Chemi
      Chemi
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T16:42:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi, I have been investigating further and the problem was that somebody changed the default ports to 9080 and 9443 in server.xml, once I changed them back to 8080 and 8443 the application works.

When I asked why they changed the ports, it was because it is a development machine with Studio installed which has Jetty listening at those ports.

So, the new question is, do you know how to change Tomcat ports and continue having the apps working? I still investigating and if I find something I will post here again.

Thanks,

Chemi.
      • slowhand
        slowhand
        35 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T16:52:04Z  in response to Chemi
        > do you know how to change Tomcat ports and continue having the apps working?

In each application's application-descriptor.xml file, you need to change the port of the URL in the <worklightServerRootURL> element.

Yes, this requires rebuilding the apps.

--slowhand
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        300 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T16:52:13Z  in response to Chemi
        I could be wrong about this, but I believe the default jetty ports are 8080 and 8443. You may want to ask why they made that change in their WL Studio.

As for changing ports in Tomcat, I will let someone else answer that, caused I have never used it beyond playing with servlets to tinker.

Ralph Pina