Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-23T06:41:27Z by Rohan De Noronha
W0G6_Neelakantam_Pavani
11 Posts

Pinned topic package oxf does not exist... error

‏2012-10-18T10:08:02Z |
hi all,
when trying to build the rhapsody application in java, it is giving me 100 errors regarding the oxf folder..
and its related contents

it says:

import com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.oxf package does not exist

The com folder and other folders as well as other folders are there in LangJava/src/... but i don't understand the error

help me solve it..

bye,
pavani.
Updated on 2012-10-23T06:41:27Z at 2012-10-23T06:41:27Z by Rohan De Noronha
  • Rohan De Noronha
    Rohan De Noronha
    8 Posts

Re: package oxf does not exist... error

‏2012-10-18T10:21:45Z  
    Looks like the oxf library for LangJava does not exist. Can you check whether it exists in the rhapsody installation directory/Share/LangJava/lib/ ?

If not, try selecting the JDK compiler in the Rhapsody Java project and perform a Code > Build Framework from the IDE, observe whether the libraries are generated via the Output window and then check the corresponding LangJava/lib directory
  • W0G6_Neelakantam_Pavani
    11 Posts

‏2012-10-22T18:11:04Z  
    Looks like the oxf library for LangJava does not exist. Can you check whether it exists in the rhapsody installation directory/Share/LangJava/lib/ ?

If not, try selecting the JDK compiler in the Rhapsody Java project and perform a Code > Build Framework from the IDE, observe whether the libraries are generated via the Output window and then check the corresponding LangJava/lib directory
    hi Rohan and all,
    Thanks for replying.. as i have told, the folders are present. i even saw the package in the folder. but i don't know why the error is shown...

the error for a small file is as follows:

Building
    MainSimulation.class
    Executing: "C:\Users\Pinky\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody\7.6.1\Share\etc\jdkmake.bat" Simulation.bat build
    compiling JAVA source files
    MainSimulation.java:13: package com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.oxf does not exist
    import com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.oxf.*;
    ^
    MainSimulation.java:26: cannot find symbol
    symbol : variable RiJOXF
    RiJOXF.Init(null, 0, 0, true, args);
    ^
    MainSimulation.java:30: cannot find symbol
    RiJOXF.Start();
    ^
    3 errors

Build Done
    I thank u for sending the way to solve it..
    but since i am new to rhapsody.. i can't get u..
    can u send me the procedure in some what detailed manner... specifying the menu options to be selected...
    pls..
    pavani.
  • Rohan De Noronha
    Rohan De Noronha
    8 Posts

‏2012-10-23T06:41:27Z  
    hi Rohan and all,
    Thanks for replying.. as i have told, the folders are present. i even saw the package in the folder. but i don't know why the error is shown...

the error for a small file is as follows:

Building
    MainSimulation.class
    Executing: "C:\Users\Pinky\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody\7.6.1\Share\etc\jdkmake.bat" Simulation.bat build
    compiling JAVA source files
    MainSimulation.java:13: package com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.oxf does not exist
    import com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.oxf.*;
    ^
    MainSimulation.java:26: cannot find symbol
    RiJOXF.Init(null, 0, 0, true, args);
    ^
    MainSimulation.java:30: cannot find symbol
    RiJOXF.Start();
    ^
    3 errors

Build Done
    I thank u for sending the way to solve it..
    but since i am new to rhapsody.. i can't get u..
    can u send me the procedure in some what detailed manner... specifying the menu options to be selected...
    pls..
    pavani.
    An easier way to do this would be going to the control panel > Add/remove programs, modify the Rhapsody installation, select and re-provide the path to the Java development environment (ensure Rhapsody accepts it), continue with the installation till finish.

Then try re-opening Rhapsody and compiling the project