• 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-26T12:55:28Z by edling
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Integer field formatting on coach

‏2012-10-18T09:56:31Z |
I have a problem with integer format on coach in 7.5.1

If I put variable type of Integer on coach and leave format option blank it takes default format ###.###.### (12345 goes to 12.345) but I don't want any formatting.

Does anyone have idea how to disable this default formatting?

In 7.2 by default there is no format.

Thanks

Jure
Updated on 2013-02-26T12:55:28Z at 2013-02-26T12:55:28Z by edling
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

Re: Integer field formatting on coach

‏2012-10-18T10:57:31Z  
    One solution is to manually set formatting to '######'.
    Is this solution unacceptable for you and if it is then why?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-18T11:18:51Z  
    One solution is to manually set formatting to '######'.
    Is this solution unacceptable for you and if it is then why?
    It would be acceptable but it doesn't work.

If I manually write ###### or ##.##.## in format field I'm always getting ###.###.### format.
    Actually it doesn't accept any of predefined formats. I tried input and output field

We upgraded to 7.5.1.1 few day ago and I'm not sure if it worked on 7.5.1.

Jure
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

‏2012-10-18T11:21:59Z  
    It would be acceptable but it doesn't work.

If I manually write ###### or ##.##.## in format field I'm always getting ###.###.### format.
    Actually it doesn't accept any of predefined formats. I tried input and output field

We upgraded to 7.5.1.1 few day ago and I'm not sure if it worked on 7.5.1.

Jure
    Actually we on 7.5.1.1 and i tested it just before posting.
    Is it input or output?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-18T12:06:39Z  
    Actually we on 7.5.1.1 and i tested it just before posting.
    Is it input or output?
    I tried input and output and it's not working.

This is weird.

Jure
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

‏2012-10-18T12:25:22Z  
    I tried input and output and it's not working.

This is weird.

Jure
    7.5.1.1 update is the worst update ever in software industry if i got everything right.

In 7.5.1 all inputs and outputs had attribute «format» amd in 7.5.1.1 they just rename it for no reason to «formatt». And not everywhere =)

So first thing to do is to clear cache of your browser. This should fix inputs formatting i guess. Chrome is reaaly aggressive about caching content, you have to force it to reload (shift + F5 or control + F5)

Basically inputs should work OOTB.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-18T13:23:58Z  
    7.5.1.1 update is the worst update ever in software industry if i got everything right.

In 7.5.1 all inputs and outputs had attribute «format» amd in 7.5.1.1 they just rename it for no reason to «formatt». And not everywhere =)

So first thing to do is to clear cache of your browser. This should fix inputs formatting i guess. Chrome is reaaly aggressive about caching content, you have to force it to reload (shift + F5 or control + F5)

Basically inputs should work OOTB.
    :)

I guess our update is even worse then yours, because format doesn't work even clearing cache:)
    We also have Ajax problems when calling it from custom HTML.
    Response throws error every second time :) but for that ticket at IBM is already open.
    Jure
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

‏2012-10-18T13:32:43Z  
    :)

I guess our update is even worse then yours, because format doesn't work even clearing cache:)
    We also have Ajax problems when calling it from custom HTML.
    Response throws error every second time :) but for that ticket at IBM is already open.
    Jure
    And is anything in browser console?
    And what code generate BPM for inputs?
    And what if on page manually with developer tools change «formatt» attribute and then change number?
    And do you use custom CoachDesigner.xsl? If so, did you tried (just for testing) to run form with default CoachDesigner?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-18T14:10:30Z  
    And is anything in browser console?
    And what code generate BPM for inputs?
    And what if on page manually with developer tools change «formatt» attribute and then change number?
    And do you use custom CoachDesigner.xsl? If so, did you tried (just for testing) to run form with default CoachDesigner?

Great, if I change format in formatt it works !!!

I use custom but I tried in new app with everything default and it didn't work.

How can I fix this?

Thank you
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

‏2012-10-18T14:18:18Z  

Great, if I change format in formatt it works !!!

I use custom but I tried in new app with everything default and it didn't work.

How can I fix this?

Thank you
    So looks like there is some problem with coach.xsl
    I know it's sounds a little naively but are you sure you update system toolkit in your project?
    Because I got same problem, Process Designer just thinking that 7.5.1.1 is earlier than 7.5.1 and doesn't show warning message about it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-18T14:36:28Z  
    So looks like there is some problem with coach.xsl
    I know it's sounds a little naively but are you sure you update system toolkit in your project?
    Because I got same problem, Process Designer just thinking that 7.5.1.1 is earlier than 7.5.1 and doesn't show warning message about it.
    You are right

Problem in another app was because I forgot to update system toolkit.

I need to change this things in my custom.xsl now.

Thank you very much

Jure
  • barsa4ever
    barsa4ever
    100 Posts

‏2012-10-18T14:47:19Z  
    You are right

Problem in another app was because I forgot to update system toolkit.

I need to change this things in my custom.xsl now.

Thank you very much

Jure
    One more thing.
    There us a bug in 7.5.1.1 coach.xsl (if i get it right) for outputs. It is generating with «format» attribute, but javascript looking for «formatt».
    We decide to change a little coach.xsl.
    Line 1939 should looks like

<xsl:attribute name=
    "formatt">

Line 5425 (if you had any problems with date format as well, we using dd.MM.yyyy date format on coaches)
    {code}
    <xsl:text>')) { tmp = (tmp.format('dd.MM.yyyy</xsl:text>
    {code}
    We are testing this changes on production (ooops:)) and everything with formating works just fine. But of course you should test it very carefully!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-02-22T11:51:17Z  
    One more thing.
    There us a bug in 7.5.1.1 coach.xsl (if i get it right) for outputs. It is generating with «format» attribute, but javascript looking for «formatt».
    We decide to change a little coach.xsl.
    Line 1939 should looks like
    <pre class="jive-pre"> <xsl:attribute name= "formatt"> </pre>
    Line 5425 (if you had any problems with date format as well, we using dd.MM.yyyy date format on coaches)
    {code}
    <xsl:text>')) { tmp = (tmp.format('dd.MM.yyyy</xsl:text>
    {code}
    We are testing this changes on production (ooops:)) and everything with formating works just fine. But of course you should test it very carefully!
    Hi,

I have a field to capture the mobile number of the user. I cannot put an integer field because it cannot hold a value of high magitude for example - 9999999999.

Also if the user enters 045885555, the field will ignore the first 0.

If I use a String I will have to put a validation around that. Can someone help me with this? I am not a technical person.
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-22T18:44:37Z  
    Hi,

I have a field to capture the mobile number of the user. I cannot put an integer field because it cannot hold a value of high magitude for example - 9999999999.

Also if the user enters 045885555, the field will ignore the first 0.

If I use a String I will have to put a validation around that. Can someone help me with this? I am not a technical person.
    Have you seen the following:

http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/samples/Control+-+Text+-+Formatted+Input+Text+-+TK
  • edling
    edling
    261 Posts

‏2013-02-26T12:55:28Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-22T18:44:37Z
    SRT123:
    Use a regular expression for the phone number validation:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/123559/a-comprehensive-regex-for-phone-number-validation