• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-17T22:42:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1807 Posts

Pinned topic Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Manager

‏2012-10-17T20:00:33Z |
Hi,

I wish to set up the Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Manager Products (RQM, RRM, JTS, etc) all in a standalone environment on a single Windows 7 Professional Computer. I need to run the CLM for Demo's without a network. My questions:1. Is it possible? 2. Would the Rational Apps need to communicate with each other in the standalone environment via Localhost? 3. Would I also need a Localhost "Client Application" to access the different products like Requirements Manager? I have a lot more questions, but not worth asking without answers to 1,2,and 3, above.

Thanks,

Chris
Updated on 2012-10-17T22:42:05Z at 2012-10-17T22:42:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • Powell
    Powell
    51 Posts

Re: Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Manager

‏2012-10-17T20:34:04Z  
    I have installed some of these products in the past, although not the exact configuration that you list below. My guess is:

1. Is it possible - yes
    2. Communicate with each other via localhost - yes. For demo purposes this would be ok. If you configure the client facing applications using the computer name it would be possible to access the servers from a remote computer.
    3. Client application - See 2.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1807 Posts

Re: Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Manager

‏2012-10-17T22:42:05Z  
    • Powell
    • ‏2012-10-17T20:34:04Z
    I have installed some of these products in the past, although not the exact configuration that you list below. My guess is:

1. Is it possible - yes
    2. Communicate with each other via localhost - yes. For demo purposes this would be ok. If you configure the client facing applications using the computer name it would be possible to access the servers from a remote computer.
    3. Client application - See 2.
    Powell,

It is nice to know that I am on the right track.

Thank you so much,

Chris