Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T14:47:54Z by stoned99
stoned99
stoned99
26 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Data Studio Results Change Font Size

‏2012-10-17T16:27:18Z |
Where is the option to reduce the font size in the results window, I just spent 30 mins trying to figure it out in the preferences. I'm using 3.1.1

Why is this tool so damn hard to use !! (Yes, I know eclipse is to blame)
Updated on 2012-10-18T14:47:54Z at 2012-10-18T14:47:54Z by stoned99
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Data Studio Results Change Font Size

‏2012-10-17T18:50:01Z  in response to stoned99
    Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such preference and the size is fixed, driven by your windows text size display. On my Win 7 display personalization preference, I can adjust the text size to something bigger; however, this will be applicable to all views and not just this one.

• I am attaching a screenshot with a setting that allows to display vertically rather than horizontally the SQL Results view. We have had this request in the past and this has helped some customers.

• One of the icon on the right side of the SQL Results view also allows you to display in TEXT mode. This may also help, at times, to toggle back and forth.

• The filtering icon of the SQL Results view may also be helpful.

Hope this helps,
    ~Loic
    • stoned99
      stoned99
      26 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-17T19:44:11Z  in response to loicjulien
      I'm looking for the setting within Data Studio, I need to display more information in my results window. My eyesight is not the issue. Fonts are modifiable within DS, I just have not found a setting specific to the results pane yet. I'm not looking for a workaround, so I'd appreciate it if only people with a solution answer.

Thanks.
      • YuanFeng
        YuanFeng
        78 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T05:20:24Z  in response to stoned99
        May I better understand what's your requirement here?The root cause you want to change the Font size? do you want to show more data or you just want to change the font size.

If you want to show more data for space issue, you can double click SQL Results tab to make it full screen.
        If you want ot show more row, what you can do is update the Preference->SQL Developement->SQL Results View,update the Max row count, Max display row count

If you just want to change the font size,could you let us know more about your pain point?
        • stoned99
          stoned99
          26 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T14:47:54Z  in response to YuanFeng
          I'm surprised this even needs an explanation. At the current default font size, my maximized SQL result window shows n columns, I want to see more. I'm guessing the font size is between 12-10 currently, if I were able to drop it down to 8 I would able to see at least another 2 columns without the need to keep using the horizontal drag bar. Having to keep resorting to using the drag bar is disruptive, and I need all the columns I have in my query to complete my job. Would anyone ask this question about why someone using excel would want to change the font / zoom size. And before someone makes the amazing suggestion again to change my screen resolution, it is already at it's max.

And while I'm in full complaining mode, can someone explain to me why when I detach my results window does minimizing the sql design window ALSO minimize my results window.

I have two monitors and I separate information frequently to maximize my work area. If I drag the results window to screen B, and then want to display something else maximized in window A, they should work independently.