Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T09:30:46Z by rayweekes
rayweekes
rayweekes
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Generalization Relationships on Logical Diagrams

‏2012-10-17T10:46:57Z |
I am using IDA 7.6 to create Generalization relationships between Subtype and Supertype entities.

On the logical diagram it is always showing the name of the ‘Generalization Set’ relationship belonging to the Supertype Entity.

So if the Supertype entity has multiple subtype entities then the same name appears on every relationship.
Furthermore there is no option to remove the generalization set name from the diagram, as you can do with other relationship types.

Surly it should be showing the name of the Generalization belonging to the subtype entity, thus explaining the different purpose of each subtype.

So is this a bug or a design mistake?
Updated on 2012-10-18T09:30:46Z at 2012-10-18T09:30:46Z by rayweekes
  • nmullin
    nmullin
    50 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Generalization Relationships on Logical Diagrams

‏2012-10-17T15:14:00Z  in response to rayweekes
    Hi there,

I found the following link that explains and provides a pluglet that enables IDA 7.6 to remove the text shown on diagrams related to generalization sets. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14815092

In IDA 8.1 you do not need the plugin. Simply: 1) select the generalization relationship, 2) Right-click and select "Select All of Same Type" 3) Select "No Connector Labels" by selecting the No Connector Label icon from the tool bar or right clicking on the relationship selecting Filters--> Show/Hide Connector Labels --> No Connector Labels.

I hope this helps.
  • rayweekes
    rayweekes
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Generalization Relationships on Logical Diagrams

‏2012-10-18T09:30:46Z  in response to rayweekes
    Thanks for that.

I can now hide all the ‘Generalization Set’ names.
    But I still can’t show the correct relationship name from the subtype entity.
    (to circumvent I add some diagram text of my own).
    So I still think it’s a design mistake in the tooling.