Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3129 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic System Managed Access path protection and advised indexes

‏2012-10-17T10:37:05Z |
Arthur Season 16 Episode 3 Defining key wihtin a physical file is not the same as a primary key constraint. While a primary key is always unique and can be used to implement referential integrities, a key within a physical file is nothing else than an access path implemented within the physical file, that describes the sequence in which the rows will be returned. It is not mandantory to define keyes within a physical file as UNIQUE.

Also defining a the middle Season 4 Episode 4
key within a DDS described physical file does not mean that a primary key constraint will be automatically generated.

To implement a primary key constraint on a physical file you either need to execute the CL command ADDPFCST (Add physical file constraint) or execute the SQL command ALTER TABLE to add a constraint.

Only Primary Key The X Factor Season 2 Episode 11 constraints registered in the previously described ways are stored within the catalog view SYSCST.

Defining and using foreign key constraints and referential integrities is not widely spreaded on the iSeries.

What I am trying to do is The Neighbors Season 1 Episode 4 to TEST all the three database providers that get installed when I install the iSeries Access for Windows V5R4M0 product.

So far I have been working very good with the 1) ODBC driver installed with iSeries Access, and 2) .Net Data Provider installed with iSeries Access.

But I do not know how to TEST the 3) Coast Guard Florida Season 1 Episode 2 OleDB Provider installed with iSeries Access.

You mentioned that I need to test it with the following code:

OleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=IBMDASQL; Data Source=myIBMi;");

Unfortunely I do not know where to define the "myIBMi" datasource. So I went to the following website to look for a complete connection string for the IBM OleDB iSeriess Access Provider and I got this:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/ibm-db2 Suburgatory Season 2 Episode 1

IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 Manufacturer: IBM
"Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=MyDatabase;Hostname=MyHost;Protocol=TCPIP; Port=446;Uid=MyUid;Pwd=MyPass;"

I noticed that you mentioned the provider "IBMDASQL" and I also noticed that connectionstrings mentioned the provider "IBMDADB2" and they are not the same. Sorry Couples Therapy Season 2 Episode 3 for that, I did the change because connectionstring seems like a complete string.

Now I changed my connection string to something like the following:
Arrow Season 1 Episode 2
"Provider=IBMDASQL;Database=MyDatabase;Hostname=MyHost;Protocol=TCPIP; Port=446;Uid=MyUid;Pwd=MyPass"