Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-13T20:10:57Z by Shishir
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
45 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Connect to Host - no data

‏2012-10-16T14:58:23Z |
Hi, this is such a cool tool. PTT2.0 can connect to my host, I see all the servers in the cell, buy all tabs are showing either N/A or 0.000. PMI is enabled
Updated on 2012-11-13T20:10:57Z at 2012-11-13T20:10:57Z by Shishir
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Connect to Host - no data

‏2012-10-16T15:16:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Looking in the console, I did find:

Connected to the WAS successfully.
    javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the setCustomSetString operation on Perf MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.handleAdminFault(SOAPConnectorClient.java:935)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplateOnce(SOAPConnectorClient.java:903)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:669)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:659)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:645)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:467)
    at $Proxy14.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminClientImpl.invoke(AdminClientImpl.java:224)
    at com.ibm.perf.data.collector.DataCollector.initPMI(DataCollector.java:1360)
    at com.ibm.perf.ui.Controller.initPMI(Controller.java:214)
    at com.ibm.perf.ui.handlers.ConnectToHostHandler$2.run(ConnectToHostHandler.java:102)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      45 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-16T15:41:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      According to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21201573

soap.client.props file is not configured correctly to use the configURL

I don't know why that is, but we did add SDK APAR IZ88862 to fix InitialContext.lookup two weeks ago.
      • Shishir
        Shishir
        28 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T23:05:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Joe,
        Sorry for the late reply.
        Are you still facing any problems using PTT?

We have written an introduction to PTT to help users avoid the common problems. It is available at
        http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/tutorials/1210_narain_pt1/index.html

Regards
        Shishir
        • IgorL
          IgorL
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:11:24Z  in response to Shishir
          Hi Shishir,

I have absolutely the same problem. According to the errors in the log this is the authorization problem, but the document you pointed to does not explain what authorization is needed.

I just post a new message 5 minutes ago describing the same problem.
          • Shishir
            Shishir
            28 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T20:10:57Z  in response to IgorL
            Hi Igor,
            The user should have the security role of operator.
            Why? We need custom statistic set of PMI from the Perf MBean, and this is allowed for role operator and above.
            http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.javadoc.wsfep.doc%2Fweb%2FmbeanDocs%2FPerf.html

Hope this helps
            Regards
            Shishir