• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-17T06:37:52Z by andy__clifton
andy__clifton
andy__clifton
9 Posts

Pinned topic Recreate Results tables

‏2012-10-15T22:39:36Z |
Hi all, second post in one week!
I'm using Information Analyzer v8.7 (IA)
i have a bunch of data rules and rule set running in my environemnt.
However, in my naivety or dumbness i cleared down some results from some of the earlier tests I had run that were taking up too much space and were meaningless. This included deleting the results and the underlying results tables that store the actual values that were rejected or failed the rule.

How do I recreate results tables? I read something in the help menu about exporting the results to a table but I cannot see that option anywhere.
hellllpppp....

thanks
Updated on 2012-10-17T06:37:52Z at 2012-10-17T06:37:52Z by andy__clifton
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    74 Posts

Re: Recreate Results tables

‏2012-10-16T11:17:30Z  
    Hi Andy,

The results table should be re-created upon your next run. Go to the 'Investigate' pillar and select 'Table Management' to see a list of tables. Sort by 'Created Date' to see the most recent. The category will be 'Data Rules' for data rule tables.

Regards,
    Robert
  • smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

‏2012-10-16T12:36:35Z  
    Hi Andy,

As Robert noted, results tables will be recreated the next time you run.
    However, for the earlier results, unless you either did a database backup or exported the results, then those results are gone.
    For export options of the actual results, there are the following options:
    1) Via the API/CLI, you can retrieve the detail results in the rule output see: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.restapi.doc/topics/r_restapi_get_rule_output_table.html -- this will produce XML output, though via the CLI option you can apply a stylesheet to configure the output (e.g. as a .csv)
    2) From the rule output Result tab, there is an Export button in the bottom right corner. This will produce .csv output.
    3) Use database utilities to dump the relevant xxxx_DATA table

Harald
  • smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

‏2012-10-16T12:44:42Z  
    • smithha
    • ‏2012-10-16T12:36:35Z
    Hi Andy,

As Robert noted, results tables will be recreated the next time you run.
    However, for the earlier results, unless you either did a database backup or exported the results, then those results are gone.
    For export options of the actual results, there are the following options:
    1) Via the API/CLI, you can retrieve the detail results in the rule output see: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.restapi.doc/topics/r_restapi_get_rule_output_table.html -- this will produce XML output, though via the CLI option you can apply a stylesheet to configure the output (e.g. as a .csv)
    2) From the rule output Result tab, there is an Export button in the bottom right corner. This will produce .csv output.
    3) Use database utilities to dump the relevant xxxx_DATA table

Harald
    Always forget that certain characters end up as markups!
    The html reference should read: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.restapi.doc/topics/r_restapi_get_rule_output_table.html
  • andy__clifton
    andy__clifton
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-17T06:37:52Z  
    • smithha
    • ‏2012-10-16T12:44:42Z
    Thanks again guys, I can see the detail now where you said..
    Funny thing is Im sure I used to be able to see them in the Results tab on the Data Rules output view.
    All I can see now is a message saying "Output table not available (either the table was deleted or the rule was configured for statistics only)