7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Worklight Console nos available after the installation

‏2012-10-15T12:02:27Z |
Hi. I have installed a Development Environment on Mac:
  • Eclipse 3.7.1 for Java EE Developers
  • Worklight Plug-in from developerWorks Site
  • Google Android stuff....

I can start Eclipse and work with Worklight (Hello World sample) without problems. But when i try to see the Worklight Console, I receive a 404 error (resource not found).

Did I miss any step in the installation of a Development Environment?

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Worklight Console nos available after the installation

‏2012-10-15T16:58:02Z  in response to Chemi
    There are several reasons for 404 errors. For example did you use the following URL to reach the WL console

http://localhost:8080/console

The files that need to be checked are the app descriptor & worklight.properties file, can you provide??
    • Chemi
      Chemi
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-15T19:35:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Yes, that is the URL I tried. Is it a different one?

As I said, I just installed the enumerated pieces and imported the HelloWorld Project Interchange.
      I didn't touch anything else: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/module_03_0_HelloWorklightProject.zip

Are in that ZIP the files you asked for? Sorry for the beginner question, but where should I find them?

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        300 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-15T19:53:58Z  in response to Chemi
        Make sure you have deployed something: right-click on apps/HelloWorklight and select run > build and deploy. See if you can see the console then.

Try seeing if there is anything under localhost:8080/worklight/console

Lastly, run something else that uses your Jetty Server. Maybe add an Android Hybrid application and fire up the emulator or run it on a phone. Android folder after (apps/HelloWorklight and select run > build and deploy) is ran > right click > run as > debug.

See if that helps.

Ralph Pina
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        300 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-15T19:54:19Z  in response to Chemi
        Ok did you right click on the HelloWorklight application and perform Build and Deploy which will create some files in the bin directory and gets deployed to the server and start the console application using the project customization jar file which is also found in the same directory. I am sorry if you already did these basic steps which I am assuming you did but just in case you are new to this, I am pointing them out.

You should see the logs in the <workspace>/WorklightServerHome/HelloWorklight/log

In there you should see if any errors are logged.
        • Chemi
          Chemi
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-15T20:45:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thank you very much for your help.

I was going to answer directly yes I did, because in fact I have been playing with the HelloWorld sample inside Android and XCode emulators.
          But I tried again, and this time it worked... I think I tried to play with the console before I build the project and I didn't try again later. So that is the reason then.

Thanks again,

Chemi.