Not considering the DB associated with the Application Center, section 2.0 of the Admin guide seems to indicate that there are two DBs that are needed: WRKLGHT and WLREPORT. However, under section 4.2 figure 4.2 seems to indicate that a third could be used (in fact there is a recommendation under section 4.1, bullet 2 to keep raw data in a separate DB). This para also states that in order to setup this third DB, the worklight.properties file has to be used.
1. Where are the instructions on setting up the tables for the raw data DB, if the above referenced recommendation is to be followed?
2. How is WLREPORT DB related to the one referenced as wl_analytics datasource in section 4.2.3, step 3. Are these the same. If so, how is that established?
3. Is the data in the WLREPORT only viewable via BIRT on Eclipse? Is that not seen on the WL Console Reports tab?
Any pointers, would be most appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
This topic has been locked.
Pinned topic Worklight databases setup
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK300 Posts
Re: Worklight databases setup2012-10-12T22:16:23ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Raghu, I don't have all your answers, but, here is what I know:
What version of WL are you installing? 126.96.36.199? Is it the Enterprise server that you buy from IBM?
If you are installing 188.8.131.52 you just need to create the two databases you listed. In the IBM Installation Manager there will be a spot for you to put in your DB username/password, JDBC driver, etc.
My understand of the documentation is that WL only uses those two databases, but the recommendation is to clean out the WLREPORT database on a regular basis, otherwise, it will grow quickly.
1) You don't have to manually set up any tables. Just create the databases as stated in 2.2, the installation takes care of the rest.
2) Not sure about that one, I would let someone else weight in.
3) See #2.
rnandan 060000R8YR2 Posts
Re: Worklight databases setup2012-10-14T23:06:18ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
The version that is being used is 184.108.40.206 WEE/WCE. The creation of the default two DBs at point of installation is relatively clear.
I am awaiting a response for the questions. The fact that the two DB are used is pretty clear. But if the number of statistics that is expected is large, the reports DB can be split into two. But what is not clear from existing documentation is how the WL Server makes the distinction between the two, creates the necessary tables in the new one and how it populates the reports related DB(s) from the raw data. Also the references to wl_analytics is not very clearly tied to the documentation that references these DBs.
Any info/pointers would be most appreciated.
ShmulikB 270005FKGM2 Posts
Re: Worklight databases setup2012-10-29T06:54:52ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hello,
1. Once you create a database and configure the worklight.properties file, the tables will be created automatically and the data will be collected to these tables.
2. The wl_analytics data source is a reference to the database that you created. Training module 44 (http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/Module_44_-_Device_Analytics.pdf) explains how to configure this data source to point to your database tables.
3. The BIRT Reports are replacing the old reports tab in the Worklight Console. We are working to improve the BIRT reports usage within Worklight.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK300 Posts
Re: Worklight databases setup2012-10-29T12:59:42ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.