Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-23T15:05:04Z by NILAY97
NILAY97
NILAY97
224 Posts

Pinned topic Data Power Logs out automatically.

‏2012-10-12T15:46:47Z |
When i fire a request from soapui, i get "connection refused" error in soapui, and Data Power hangs and logs out automatically.

I do not get anything in response.

What might be the actual reason of Data Power Logging out abruptly?

Please Help me on this. Please.
Updated on 2012-11-23T15:05:04Z at 2012-11-23T15:05:04Z by NILAY97
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1614 Posts

Re: Data Power Logs out automatically.

‏2012-10-12T16:18:53Z  
    So if I'm understanding what you're seeing:
    1) login to webgui
    2) send message from soapUI, get 'connection refused error'
    3) check webgui, and it forces you to re-login

If this is the scenario, something in your request is causing the box to recycle. You should see a bunch of messages in the system log stating that objects are being loaded.

If all this is the case, open a PMR with IBM.

Ken
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

‏2012-10-12T16:21:12Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2012-10-12T16:18:53Z
    1) login to webgui

If this is the scenario, something in your request is causing the box to recycle. You should see a bunch of messages in the system log stating that objects are being loaded.

Ken
    I agree with Ken's assessment. Look in the default domain's temporary directory for a file named "backtrace" which will indicate that the appliance recycled. You can also look at the time status provider which should show you how long since the last reload.

Regards,
    Steve
  • NILAY97
    NILAY97
    224 Posts

‏2012-10-12T16:38:47Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2012-10-12T16:18:53Z
    1) login to webgui

Ken
    @ken-- what's exactly happening is i'am using a stylesheet to transform my incoming request in the backend format. I've some attributes that i need to transform. The issue is that if i "hardcode", they work fine and DP gives a good response but as soon as i store the attributes in a variable and then try and use the variable, Data Power Logs out automatically.

Please Help.

Moreover, i don't have access to the default domain of DP, so can't check for the file named backtrace.
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1614 Posts

‏2012-10-12T17:45:40Z  
    • NILAY97
    • ‏2012-10-12T16:38:47Z
    @ken-- what's exactly happening is i'am using a stylesheet to transform my incoming request in the backend format. I've some attributes that i need to transform. The issue is that if i "hardcode", they work fine and DP gives a good response but as soon as i store the attributes in a variable and then try and use the variable, Data Power Logs out automatically.

Please Help.

Moreover, i don't have access to the default domain of DP, so can't check for the file named backtrace.
    One of the causes I've seen for a box recycling is the use of an un-initialized variable.

Un-hardcode your variables one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

Oh, and get at least read access to the default domain on your development box.

Ken
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4893 Posts

‏2012-10-13T01:44:28Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2012-10-12T17:45:40Z
    One of the causes I've seen for a box recycling is the use of an un-initialized variable.

Un-hardcode your variables one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

Oh, and get at least read access to the default domain on your development box.

Ken
    You do not need read access to default domain in order to proof that restart happened.
    Just to login via CLI (ssh into box), in case of a restart you will be logged out.

Then log in again and do "show time".
    The reported "Uptime: reload:" is what you are interested in (will be few seconds after a restart).

Whenever you can restart the box reliably for a given scenario, then please create a PMR.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
  • NILAY97
    NILAY97
    224 Posts

‏2012-10-13T04:15:27Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-10-13T01:44:28Z
    You do not need read access to default domain in order to proof that restart happened.
    Just to login via CLI (ssh into box), in case of a restart you will be logged out.

Then log in again and do "show time".
    The reported "Uptime: reload:" is what you are interested in (will be few seconds after a restart).

Whenever you can restart the box reliably for a given scenario, then please create a PMR.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    Yes... i think this is happening because the variable is not getting initialised...i think i need to get back and again have a look at my code....

Will again post, if it works.

Thanks alot to all of you. Many Thanks
  • NILAY97
    NILAY97
    224 Posts

‏2012-10-31T16:02:21Z  
    • NILAY97
    • ‏2012-10-13T04:15:27Z
    Yes... i think this is happening because the variable is not getting initialised...i think i need to get back and again have a look at my code....

Will again post, if it works.

Thanks alot to all of you. Many Thanks
    Yup..i think this also happens when u use the key-value pair in xslt as i guess key value pairs also increase the loads.

This might happen also because of the no of doamins as only 15-20 domains are prescribed on one BOX and there are more than 35 domains on the Data Power on which i work.

Thanks all
  • NILAY97
    NILAY97
    224 Posts

‏2012-11-23T15:05:04Z  
    • NILAY97
    • ‏2012-10-31T16:02:21Z
    Yup..i think this also happens when u use the key-value pair in xslt as i guess key value pairs also increase the loads.

This might happen also because of the no of doamins as only 15-20 domains are prescribed on one BOX and there are more than 35 domains on the Data Power on which i work.

Thanks all
    Got one more reason for Log outs...

This also happens when import the same file multiple times in your xslt in a single Transactions. I had made three files and a Common File, and was importing the Common file in all the three. Just chalked out the import from the other two files and imported the Common file only Once.

And DP threw a perfect Response.