I'm running Portal 8 (wp800_404_01) on Red Hat and am having a bit of an issue with my personalization components.
- my portal is a virtual portal, call it 'CIM'
- because we need to use personalization rules, the library containing the content is in the root portal, called 'CIM' as well
- select rules are created and returning content
- in the virtual portal we are using JSR286 Web Content Viewer portlet to display a personalization component
- this portlet appears to only have access to a library in the VP, so i have added a new library 'CIM (VP)' to hold these components
- components are personalization components, referencing the aformentioned rules
So I have a page on a virtual portal, showing a personalization component which references a select rule that returns content from a library in the root portal
The personalization component does display,and brings back the right content, but only Placeholder and Property tags seem to work in the element design. Element tags, which work if i do all of this in the root portal, do not work here.
I see that there is a fix in the list for Combined Cumulative Fix 02 (Specifically PM71374) that may address this. I have to wait a bit for my support team to apply the fix pack.
In the meantime, can anyone see a mistake I'm making? Have done a lot of searching around and can't find much information out there. Appreciate any help anyone can offer!