• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-15T10:41:21Z by WiseMind
WiseMind
WiseMind
29 Posts

Pinned topic HealthCenter Client showing weird information

‏2012-10-12T11:54:15Z |
Hi,

Using the following command, I am able to connect HealthCenter client with HealthCenter agent.

java -Xhealthcenter TestJava

After connecting, HealthCenter Client showing me weird information like

Classes- Your application has loaded 396 classes. Make sure you have class sharing enabled with the -Xshareclasses option to save memory and reduce JVM startup time.
Garbage Collection - The garbage collection is performing system (forced) GCs. 14% of the GCs were system GCs. The use of system GCs is generally not recommended since they can cause long pauses and do not allow the garbage collection algorithms to optimise themselves. Consider inspecting your code for occurrences of System.gc().
While I have run just 1 class with the name TestJava and this class has just one method. How its fetching alot of information that is not required.

Can anybody explain whats happening here.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-15T10:41:21Z at 2012-10-15T10:41:21Z by WiseMind
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    188 Posts

Re: HealthCenter Client showing weird information

‏2012-10-12T11:58:25Z  
    Hi,

Health Center monitors the vm being used to run your application, not the actual application. So what you see is everything the vm is required to do to run your application. That is why you see lots of other classes being loaded. They are needed to get your application to run etc.

regards

Toby
  • WiseMind
    WiseMind
    29 Posts

‏2012-10-12T12:01:47Z  
    Hi,

Health Center monitors the vm being used to run your application, not the actual application. So what you see is everything the vm is required to do to run your application. That is why you see lots of other classes being loaded. They are needed to get your application to run etc.

regards

Toby
    Thanks Toby
  • WiseMind
    WiseMind
    29 Posts

‏2012-10-12T12:08:28Z  
    Hi,

regards

Toby
    Health center gives us the following information under GC.

GC Mode Default (optthruput)
    Mean garbage collection pause 4.58 ms
    Mean interval between collections 11413 ms
    Number of collections 7
    Proportion of time spent in Garbage Collection pauses 0.04%
    Proportion of time spent unpaused 100.0%
    System (forced) garbage collection count 1
    Which point is important to see JVM is working fine or not? These questions may be weird but I need to understand how its working.. Any tutorial or blog which explains the steps which key items or points we need to focus after making connection with JVM.

Thank you very much for your help.
  • peacocb
    peacocb
    22 Posts

‏2012-10-12T12:22:55Z  
    • WiseMind
    • ‏2012-10-12T12:08:28Z
    Health center gives us the following information under GC.

GC Mode Default (optthruput)
    Mean garbage collection pause 4.58 ms
    Mean interval between collections 11413 ms
    Number of collections 7
    Proportion of time spent in Garbage Collection pauses 0.04%
    Proportion of time spent unpaused 100.0%
    System (forced) garbage collection count 1
    Which point is important to see JVM is working fine or not? These questions may be weird but I need to understand how its working.. Any tutorial or blog which explains the steps which key items or points we need to focus after making connection with JVM.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Health Center contains a recommendations engine. This analyzes the data and provides thoughts/recommendations about what it finds.

Thus, you need to read what is in the box in the bottom left of the screen. The box is entitled "Analysis and Recommendations".

I sense from your questions that you are new to Java and thus a starting point would be a web search on the fundamentals of Java.

Brian.
  • WiseMind
    WiseMind
    29 Posts

‏2012-10-15T10:41:21Z  
    • peacocb
    • ‏2012-10-12T12:22:55Z
    Health Center contains a recommendations engine. This analyzes the data and provides thoughts/recommendations about what it finds.

Thus, you need to read what is in the box in the bottom left of the screen. The box is entitled "Analysis and Recommendations".

I sense from your questions that you are new to Java and thus a starting point would be a web search on the fundamentals of Java.

Brian.
    Thanks Brian.

Well actually I have worked on these tools first time.

So I am interested to find out which information is more important like heap size, GC pauses resume information.. That we are able to tell here is the problem.

Thanks