Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-17T19:45:30Z by VeljkoC
VeljkoC
VeljkoC
82 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to bind Maximo with MYSQL db OR where is the INIT.BAT file?

‏2012-10-12T11:50:02Z |
Hi,
I am trying to create report which will use some data from some MYSQL database.
I have put mysql driver.jar file in lib directory and rebuild it but Maximo still says "Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.". Does someone have any idea how to bind it?
Also I saw that another way to bind them is to add it on CLASSPATH in init.bat. (I am working with Linux I suppose it will be init.sh)
Where is that file I can not find it? Is it some Maximo file?

Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-17T19:45:30Z at 2012-10-17T19:45:30Z by VeljkoC
  • maxmix
    maxmix
    83 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to bind Maximo with MYSQL db OR where is the INIT.BAT file?

‏2012-10-12T19:00:30Z  in response to VeljkoC
    Hi,
    I am sure this is an issue for whatever appserver you employ, that JVM needs to find your lib.
    ... including it specifically in the buildmaximoear.xml may be a start ;)
    • VeljkoC
      VeljkoC
      82 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-14T14:15:05Z  in response to maxmix
      Hello, thanks for reply

I am using Web Sphere of course.
      I did what you have suggested me.
      I added it in two lines where also db2.jar drivers are included in INIT target (do I have to include it somewhere more?):

<target name="init"
      <property name="maximo.businessobjectsclasspath"
      value="${maximo.propertiesjarfile} lib/ldapbp.jar lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar lib/db2jcc.jar lib/db2jcc_license_cu.jar lib/oraclethin.jar lib/Opta.jar lib/k2client.jar lib/idapi.jar lib/xmlParserAPIs.jar lib/acweb.jar lib/mysql-connector-java-5.0.7.jar ....>
      <property name="maximo.mbowarclasspath"
      value="${maximo.businessobjectsjarfile} ${maximo.mboejbclientjarfile} ${maximo.commonwebjarfile} ${maximo.propertiesjarfile} lib/ldapbp.jar lib/axis2.jar lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar lib/jintegra.jar lib/db2jcc.jar lib/db2jcc_license_cu.jar lib/mysql-connector-java-5.0.7.jar ...

But it still says "Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. That class is in that jar file when it is extract. Bu t I do not know if I must extract it somewhere explicitly or Maximo "knows" when see jar file that there is that class.

Please are there some more suggestions?
      • maxmix
        maxmix
        83 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-16T09:50:42Z  in response to VeljkoC
        well ok, lets keep fishing:

on redeploying w/ WAS:
        • ensure that you take the long way, "use new binding", "merge new and existing bindings" might also help.
        • VeljkoC
          VeljkoC
          82 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-17T19:45:30Z  in response to maxmix
          Hello thanks again for reply,

Please see an attachment file. I can not find this options that you mentioned. I am using WebSphere 6.
          Can you tell where can I find that option in which of my "windows"(1,2,3 or some other path while deploying app).

Also I found some old forum question:

Question:I have a question about JDBC Configuration. Can I create a JDBC configuration to any database engine? or only databases supported by Maximo (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server). Because I want to import data from MySQL, but Maximo doesn’t have mysql jdbc driver. I was thinking to put a mysql jdbc driver (.jar) in C:Maximoapplicationsmaximolib folder and then rebuild ear files.

Answer:Yes you can connect to other JDBC compliant databases. Actually, you should just need to add it to the classpath for the server start-up.

Does someone know in this answer on which start up file did he think of? Where is that classpath and what to put there?

Thanks