4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-16T10:08:12Z by janbom
janbom
janbom
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Exposing a process flow to the public

‏2012-10-12T10:18:03Z |
I'm a newbie at this so bare with me

i'm investigating how to expose/publish a processflow on a public webpage.

the scanario is as follows

A person opens our public webpage and want's to by out unemployment insurance policy.

The person clicks the "buy insurance" link and the processe flow activates.

here's the problem : the person isn't a known user in the process portal.

so my question is : where can i find documentation/tutorials on how to expose/publish a prosessflow on a public webpage, and how do i configure process center, process designer etc. so that anonymous users can execute exposed process flows?

regards jan bom trap
Updated on 2012-10-16T10:08:12Z at 2012-10-16T10:08:12Z by janbom
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Exposing a process flow to the public

‏2012-10-12T11:58:32Z  in response to janbom
    Hi Jan,

You can start process using web service/UCA. Then you don't need to worry about security. The other application can capture the user input and send a message to the UCA of the process app. This means the first page will not be a BPM coach but something else - JSP, .Net/ASP page, etc...
    If you want the first page to be BPM coach then not sure how this can be exposed to anonymous users.
    You have this ability to start processes from links :
    http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/Lombardi+Edition+-+URLs+to+run+BPDs%2C+Services+and+Tasks
    but the user must log in to the portal i.e. starting processes anonymously is not possible.

Cheers
    • janbom
      janbom
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-16T10:08:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      in my efforts to call and activate a human service form an external website i've tried to compose an url

http:
      //[host_name]:[port]/teamworks/redirect-login.jsp?credentialt=[base64 encoded username]:[base64 encoded password]&j_forward=teamworks/process.lws%3FzWorkflowState%3D5%26zProcessName%3DanonymCoach

i get the following error :

Error   A value 

for zProcessId is needed but was not provided

it looks as if the url enables me to login to the portal but the url is'nt "pointing" to the correct service?
      i've then tryed to get the processid via a serverscript prior to caling the coach view in the human service, printed it in the coach and then modified the url with zProcessId%3DprocessId but still "no cigar"

is it the wrong ProcessId? is so how do i get the processId for my human service??
      what am i doing wrong?
      is the documentation on the wiki outdatede if you're using bpm v8.0??

regards jan bom trap
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T20:12:45Z  in response to janbom
    As mentioned earlier, you really can't run anything in BPM without a login. However you could create a "guest" login that had access to very limited service. The problem would be that you probably don't want all of the guests each sharing the same inbox, since there would be 100s of items in there.

None of the OOTB security provider provide an API for creating new user. So, if you wanted to create a user for the individual in question, you would need to get a WAS security provider that has an API that allows you to create users on the fly.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    • janbom
      janbom
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-15T12:52:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      i fogot to mention that i'm using v8.0 if it makes any difference.

i've tried folowing the guidelines in http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/URLs+to+run+Portal+Favorites%2C+BPDs%2C+Services+and+Tasks#URLstorunPortalFavorites%2CBPDs%2CServicesandTasks-URLtorunaService

but i dosen't work.

has anything changed from the previous versions to v8.0 in regards to calling a service from an url ??