Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-12T10:15:13Z by kimbert@uk.ibm.com
Rahul05
Rahul05
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How can i convert EXCEL sheet information into xml or csv format using ESQL

‏2012-10-12T05:32:44Z |
we have a client requirement that we have to convert Excel Sheet information into desired xml format . For this we have only XSD for output xml and mapping document. With This i have to generate Output xml and validate it againest the given XSD. For this requirement we developed the flow using java . But how can i do it in ESQL .
Updated on 2012-10-12T10:15:13Z at 2012-10-12T10:15:13Z by kimbert@uk.ibm.com
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How can i convert EXCEL sheet information into xml or csv format using ESQL

‏2012-10-12T10:12:50Z  in response to Rahul05
    If the input data format is CSV ( exported from the spreadsheet ) then you can create a message model for the MRM ( v7 ) or DFDL ( v8 ) parser. The parsing will be done automatically, and you can turn the message tree into XML using a single line of ESQL.

If the input data is .xls or similar then you cannot parse that using any of the built-in parsers. You could set the domain to BLOB and write loads of ESQL to parse the .xls format but it would be insane to try. If you already have a working solution using Java + 3rd party library then I suggest that you stick with that.
    • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
      kimbert@uk.ibm.com
      515 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How can i convert EXCEL sheet information into xml or csv format using ESQL

‏2012-10-12T10:15:13Z  in response to kimbert@uk.ibm.com
      Oh, and I almost forgot. If you're using v8 and you're on the Windows platform then the obvious solution is to use the .Net integration. Then you can use any Microsoft language ( C#, F#, VB etc ) to manipulate the spreadsheet.