Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-10-11T13:39:28Z by rjhiii2009
rjhiii2009
rjhiii2009
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RSA Class Diagrams - No Default Filter on Annotations Compartment?

‏2012-10-11T13:32:14Z |
RSA (v8.0.x and 8.5.x) allows the selection of compartments to display by default but this does not include the annotations compartment which is always displayed unless manually filtered for each and every class on the class diagram. I use the Windows/Preferences/Modeling/UML Diagrams/Class / Classifier/Show compartments which has checkboxes for Attribute, Operation, Signal and Structure but not the Annotations compartment.

How can the annotations compartment be deselected so I don't have to manually filter from a Class Diagram for every single class? Annotations clutter my diagrams for the services I'm depicting.

Adding to the problem, I don't see a way to manually deselect the annotations compartment (or any other) on a class diagram by right clicking and selecting filter when multiple classes are selected, the filter popup only allows deselection of compartments when a single class is selected.

Any way to do this? If not, can this be added to RSA 8.5?

Another ability which I can't find in RSA class diagrams although I'm not dealing with at the moment is to not display static attributes by default (Preferences/...). The only ability is to choose to underline static members. For generated classes a static GUID may be create which should not be displayed on a UML diagram, it is not a business attribute, and a default to filter static attributes would be useful.

Or how about the ability to select a single class and have all classes referenced by that class appear in the UML class diagram? The only ability I see is for immediate fields, not bringing in all classes transitively referenced. This would be a big time saver.

I'd like to check on if these features exist before making an enhancement request.

Robert Hathaway
Solution Architect
ADP Innovation Lab
Updated on 2012-10-11T13:39:28Z at 2012-10-11T13:39:28Z by rjhiii2009
  • rjhiii2009
    rjhiii2009
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RSA Class Diagrams - No Default Filter on Annotations Compartment?

‏2012-10-11T13:39:28Z  in response to rjhiii2009
    It would also be good to be able to select/filter which annotations are displayed. If the attributes compartment is displayed, choosing one or two relevant annotations. This is available for attributes and operations from the class diagram filter popup menu but is not available for annotations. And being able to have a default filter for annotations in Preferences makes sense because annotations are usually the same for many classes in a class diagram and for my specific case are the same for all classes. A default filter on specific annotations would save a lot of time.

Robert Hathaway
    Solution Architect
    ADP Innovation Lab