5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-19T13:18:23Z by maxmix
mandreas
mandreas
84 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Multiple indicators on SR - conditional Properties

‏2012-10-11T11:00:51Z |
Hi Experts

We faced the problem, that SRs are routed only on behalve of summary and description, although there are additional informations in the worklog.

We solved this with an indicator 'Worklogs exist' under the description.

It's a static text on the main tab, which is triggerd by a condition of the Conditional Expression Manager (CHasWorklog: (Select count(*) from worklog where recordkey = :ticketid and class='SR') > 0).
The signature option used is 'READ'. Under conditional properties I've defined a condition 'CHasWorkLog' for security group 'EVERYONE', which sets the property 'display' to 'false', if the condition is false – this works perfect.

Now I try to expand this with a 'Commlog-Indicator' – exactly the same mechanism with a new condition 'CHasCommLog'(Select count(*) from commlog where ownerid = :ticketuid and inbound = 1 and subject like '%##%') > 0.
Here I use a new signature Option 'SHasCommlog' and also the display-property.

This doesn't work.

TSRM 7.2.1

Thanks for your ideas.

Andreas
Updated on 2012-10-19T13:18:23Z at 2012-10-19T13:18:23Z by maxmix
  • maxmix
    maxmix
    83 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Multiple indicators on SR - conditional Properties

‏2012-10-11T11:47:14Z  in response to mandreas
    just at first glance: Ownertable I'd suggested including as well.

What DB and character set do you use?
    • mandreas
      mandreas
      84 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-11T13:45:12Z  in response to maxmix
      Hi Manuel

Thanks for helping again :)

I've added the ownertable and my queries deliver correct results (SQLDeveloper on Windows7) - for my testcases now and before.

Oracle-Version: 11g on AIX, TSRM on Redhat-Linux, Front-End Windows7 with IE8.

Greetings
      Andreas
      • maxmix
        maxmix
        83 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T09:37:16Z  in response to mandreas
        Well, I have two angles here:
        Either an encoding problem (rather seldom, could be explained by the "same script works in sqldeveloper"),
        or an UI/App problem.
        The later one has a breadth of issues affecting your outcome. Easiest would be the UI indicator being placed inside a section attributed to relatedtickets. Others range from different ui components being affected differently by sigoptions (i.e. buttons different then checkbox), I am sure these are release specific bugs though, yet, I came across those quite often.

So either way: turn on your sql logging to INFO and try finding the UI checks. We'll take it from there.
        • mandreas
          mandreas
          84 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-16T13:21:18Z  in response to maxmix
          It's solved - I tried (again) some combinations of signature, settings, etc.

The problem was, that the signature (hasComLog) has to be visible and checked (Security Group, Application). It seems not to be possible - in configuration of conditional properties - to set the value for 'display' to true, if the expression is true (set to false if expression is false works fine).

Thanks for help.
          Andreas
          • maxmix
            maxmix
            83 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-19T13:18:23Z  in response to mandreas
            Hi andreas,
            yeah the conditional properties seem much more generically powerful than they really are. Samething here.

> exactly the same mechanism with a new condition
            was were I missed you probably, you meant the same concept only in reverse, while I assumed "all the same".

no hard feelings, I greatly appreciate that you do post back your findings for common knowledge sharing, most others dump questions and do not bother to ever return their end of the story, being it a fix, a workaround or a totally different handling of the underlying goal.

So to you too, have a nice weekend!