Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-03T15:39:10Z by SystemAdmin
VictorHsiao
VictorHsiao
2 Posts

Pinned topic Question about DBCS string in SIT/RDO that affect CICS Explorer connection

‏2012-10-11T07:23:08Z |
Hello:
I've test the CICS Explorer in the customer environment. However, it seems that whenever there is a DBCS
string in any field there will be errors. The first error occurs when GMTEXT contains DBCS, which makes the connection unable to be established. And the second one contains the error code (I translate it from the Chinese error messages).

CNX0595E while in org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: attribute "altsuffix" found a invalid XML char (Unicode:0x1a), element is "cicsterminal".

Any suggestion or document/procedure to follow? Thanks a lot.

Victor Hsiao
Updated on 2012-12-03T15:39:10Z at 2012-12-03T15:39:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

Re: Question about DBCS string in SIT/RDO that affect CICS Explorer connection

‏2012-10-11T21:58:34Z  
    Hi there Victor,

It's difficult to be specific without understanding what version of the server and client you are using. (Also whether it's the CICS Explorer standalone or the SDK. In which case which version of Java and Eclipse are you using?).

I would suggest raising a PMR for this - it sounds like the kind of issue our service teams might have come across before.

If you attach the service data (File > Trace > Collect service data) to the PMR and include the details of the server version you're using, that will give the service team a good start.

Thanks!

Dave
  • VictorHsiao
    VictorHsiao
    2 Posts

‏2012-12-03T15:22:53Z  
    Hello, Dave:
    I've opened a PMR and solved the problem by applying CICS PTF UK71780. FYI and thanks a lot for your advise.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-12-03T15:39:10Z  
    Hello, Dave:
    I've opened a PMR and solved the problem by applying CICS PTF UK71780. FYI and thanks a lot for your advise.
    Hey Victor,

Fantastic - glad to hear your issue is sorted. Also, I really appreciate that you've posted back here.

Thank you!

Dave