• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-11T02:27:06Z by cwaras
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
658 Posts

Pinned topic TM1Web - can't access login page from remote PC

‏2012-10-11T05:37:14Z |
Hi there,

I have installed TM1Web on a windows server 2008 box in the cloud Amazon - running IIS 7.5. While on the server I AM ABLE to hit the TM1Web login URL and the page loads successfully.

The problem is that when I try and access the login page from a remote PC (not on the same domain) across the internet I CAN'T access the login page. If I type in the IP address of the server I get back the IIS test page, so that works. the problem is that when I include either TM1Web extension </TM1Web> or <TM1Web/TM1WebLogin.aspx>

When using IE I get a message that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". When using Mozilla it returns a message saying "Server not found".
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Mark
Updated on 2013-02-28T06:53:23Z at 2013-02-28T06:53:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

Re: TM1Web - can't access login page from remote PC

‏2012-10-11T05:43:43Z  
    Hi Mark,

Sounds like it could be an issue with either the firewall or the authentication on the TM1web virtual directory.

For the latter confirm the properties via the IIS management console.

Hope this helps.

Rod
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2012-10-11T09:49:01Z  
    Hi Mark,

Sounds like it could be an issue with either the firewall or the authentication on the TM1web virtual directory.

For the latter confirm the properties via the IIS management console.

Hope this helps.

Rod
    Hi Rod,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment in IIS the authentication for the TM1Web and TM1WebEx virtual directories is set to anonymous authentication Enabled. All else is disabled.I have also shared the two folders with everyone. Windows firewall is now turned off.

The install is as per the TM1 install manual.

BTW - I have Cognos BI installed on the same server and there are no problems hitting the Cognos connection from a remote PC.

Important demo tomorrow so the grey hairs are growing rapidly!

Thanks again,

Mark
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-02-28T06:53:23Z  
    the problem could be because of redirect as I wrote in my post: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=472898&tstart=0, did you found solution?
  • cwaras
    cwaras
    1 Post

‏2013-05-11T02:27:06Z  

Hi

I have exactly the same problem in the same environment.
    Did you find a solution??

Thx.