Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-16T21:24:00Z by SystemAdmin
cuatroXcuatro
cuatroXcuatro
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic redirect agent to different HTEMS

‏2012-10-10T22:46:28Z |
I´m trying to get a linux agent to connect to a different HUB TEMS server the from which it was originally configured. I´ve searched for the original HUB TEMS ip address for entries in the IBM/ITM/config directory, changed the entries to the new HUB TEMS ip in the lz.config and ul.config files but they get overwritten with the original entries when I cycle the agents. I´m obviously missing something and I´m sure it can be done without reinstalling. Ideas?
Updated on 2012-10-16T21:24:00Z at 2012-10-16T21:24:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: redirect agent to different HTEMS

‏2012-10-10T23:12:57Z  in response to cuatroXcuatro
    Both agents likely follow the same practice. You may find in the config directory a lz.environment file in addition to lz.config and lz.ini.
    In lz.ini there will be a line (near end of the file) that reads -->

. $CANDLEHOME$/config/lz.environment

You need to edit lz.environment file and add or edit a statement there to read as follows ->

export CT_CMSLIST='abcd.my.favorite.com'

Inside the single quotes, either enter fully qualified host name or the IP address.

If you do not have a lz.environment file you need to rerun itmcmd config on the LZ agent ... same steps fo UL agent.
    • cuatroXcuatro
      cuatroXcuatro
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-10T23:44:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks! I just ran the itmcmd config -A (agent goes here) and gave it the new ip address. Simple and easy.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6056 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-16T21:24:00Z  in response to cuatroXcuatro
        FYI, if you are running 623 FP1 on your TEMS and TEMA you can also use the CLI command, tacmd setagentconnection to remotely change this value.