3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-12T16:55:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
111 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Email Notifications

‏2012-10-10T15:41:19Z |
Good morning,

I am using the Development Process for Rational Change. How can I integrate email notifications when a state gets transitioned, or when a CR gets assigned to a user?

Any help will much be appreciated.
Updated on 2012-10-12T16:55:02Z at 2012-10-12T16:55:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • RiteshNigam
    RiteshNigam
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Email Notifications

‏2012-10-11T03:31:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You can set post transition trigger script to send a mail notification for any transition as well as CR assignment, if I am not wrong default dev_process already has this kind of notification in place, refer to them if you need any more information.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      111 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T15:05:12Z  in response to RiteshNigam
      Thank you for your response!!!

However, for some reason email notifications don't seem to be working for us. I've set up the SMTP Server I've installed the CRassignEmail.pl and modified the pt.cfg file like the instructions say, but still with no success.

Don't know what can be wrong.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        111 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T16:55:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        check if jetty\webapps\change\WEB-INF\wsconfig\triggers\CRAssignEmail.pl exists and (if you are on Unix) whether it is executable.

check the file WEB-INF/logs/event.log if any errors are given.

You can also edit the file wsconfig/triggers/CRAssignEmail.pl and add some debug messages that tell you if the script is started at all or if problems occur during while the script runs. Messages are printed in the event.log