2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T17:31:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Custom Health Policy questions

‏2012-10-10T14:28:03Z |
Several questions regarding custom health policies:

To use the PMI metric driven policies does the PMI service need to be enabled? If so, at what minimum level? I am assuming the answer to this question is yes, but just double checking.

Connection Pool metrics - are these cumulative for the entire JVM? For instance, if my app accesses 3 datasources each with a max of 50 connections, does the health policy look at each individual connection pool or an accumulation (ie. 60 out of 150 connections used)?

Web application module metrics - I may have multiple WARs running in my JVM. How can I write a custom health policy to act on the response time of a given web app?

For the last two questions, would I have to add a subexpression to query an MBean to determine a datasource or web app module?
Updated on 2012-10-10T17:31:27Z at 2012-10-10T17:31:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Custom Health Policy questions

‏2012-10-10T16:33:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Yes to your first question. PMI must be enabled to use PMI metrics - default basic level should work in most cases.

Health controller obtains its data from PMI - this link outlines applicable granularity: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.base.iseries.doc/info/iseries/ae/rprf_datacounter2.html

Re: Web app module metrics, wonder if this will help: (extracted from Info Center) - http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wveinfo/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.virtualenterprise.doc/odoe_task/todhealthpolicy.html

PMIMetric_FromServerStart$webAppModule$SlamSess\#SlamSess.war\/webAppModule.servlets\/SlamSess\/responseTime > 100L
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      102 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Custom Health Policy questions

‏2012-10-10T17:31:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the quick response, and the link to the InfoCenter article. That skipped past me during my research. Much appreciated.