Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T13:28:56Z by ValentinaBirsan
ValentinaBirsan
ValentinaBirsan
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SCAS Beta 5 - cannot deploy to another SCE account

‏2012-10-09T21:02:03Z |
I have a trial SCE account where I created an instance of the service SCAS Beta 5.

With this trial account, I can only use 5 ips ( 4 if I take away the one used by SCAS ). The pattern I am trying to deploy uses more than 4 ips so I tried to set the IP Groups in SCAS to use a different SCE account where I have access to more ips.

Although I can set the the IP Group in the UI to the other account ( it validates the user/pwd and key ), when I try to deploy I get an exception that the vm's cannot be registered. Is this a bug or am I trying an unsupported scenario ?

Thanks

Valentina
Updated on 2012-10-10T13:28:56Z at 2012-10-10T13:28:56Z by ValentinaBirsan
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SCAS Beta 5 - cannot deploy to another SCE account

‏2012-10-10T12:31:22Z  in response to ValentinaBirsan
    Valentina,
    If I understand what you are attempting, it isn't allowed.

You were probably sharing your SSH public key between SCE accounts. - Beta 5 will not allow this action.

//Rich
    • ValentinaBirsan
      ValentinaBirsan
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SCAS Beta 5 - cannot deploy to another SCE account

‏2012-10-10T13:28:56Z  in response to morganri
      Hi Rich

No, I don't share the ssh key between accounts. I have one key for my test account ( where the SCAS service is running ) and another key for the payed for account.

What I do : when I setup SCAS I am asked to enter the Cloud Groups ( Cloud > Cloud Groups ). Instead of setting my test account info ( testAccountId, pwd, testAccountKey ) I enter my payed for account ( payedForAccountId, pwd, PayedForAccountKey )

The UI seems to allow that, my account info is properly validated, and this made me assume that the scenario is supported.

Valentina