Topic
  • 22 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-30T04:41:55Z by qcduong
Manoj_1
Manoj_1
11 Posts

Pinned topic Insatallation of Worklight in zLinux

‏2012-10-09T10:53:21Z |
We are going to install WorkLight studio s/w on zLinux (Linux on system Z). Has anyone tried installing worklight in zLinux before.
If yes, kindly help us.
  • tdressel1
    tdressel1
    6 Posts

Re: Insatallation of Worklight in zLinux

‏2012-10-11T19:29:49Z  
    I've not done this installation before, but I would suggest that you make sure that you have a supported level of the OS as shown on the system requirements page:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1311092114017&osPlatform=Linux

I am not aware of any installation issues on supported platforms, or any specific steps that would differ from a standard installation. The Developer Environment Installation Guide can be found here:

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/wl_5_0_dev_env_install.pdf

If you run into any specific problems or have any questions related to the installation, please let us know.

Thanks.

Tom Dressel
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-01T08:51:58Z  
    We are trying to install IBM Worklight Enterprise Edition on zlinux. We are having SUSE Linux Enterprise server 11 running on zlinux. Since the installation manager for installing Worklight enterprise Edition is not available for SUSE, we are trying to install it in RedHat Enterprise Linux.

We are having a doubt regarding the compatibility of the Worklight Enterprise Edition in RedHat Enterprise Edition V5.2. In the system requirements posted in the website, it is specified that the fix pack for version 5.2 is not available and hence it is not supported. Please clarify this issue.

If anybody is having any documents for installing worklight Enterprise edition on redhat linux (specifically on zLinux), kindly share the documents/links for the documents.

Thanks in advance.
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-01T11:07:18Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-01T08:51:58Z
    We are trying to install IBM Worklight Enterprise Edition on zlinux. We are having SUSE Linux Enterprise server 11 running on zlinux. Since the installation manager for installing Worklight enterprise Edition is not available for SUSE, we are trying to install it in RedHat Enterprise Linux.

We are having a doubt regarding the compatibility of the Worklight Enterprise Edition in RedHat Enterprise Edition V5.2. In the system requirements posted in the website, it is specified that the fix pack for version 5.2 is not available and hence it is not supported. Please clarify this issue.

If anybody is having any documents for installing worklight Enterprise edition on redhat linux (specifically on zLinux), kindly share the documents/links for the documents.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030152

The key for to getting installation manager to work on linux is having the 32 bit compat and gtk libraries. I have installed on both RHEL and SLES on s390x architecture.
  • slowhand
    slowhand
    35 Posts

‏2012-11-01T15:19:51Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-01T11:07:18Z
    Hi,
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030152

The key for to getting installation manager to work on linux is having the 32 bit compat and gtk libraries. I have installed on both RHEL and SLES on s390x architecture.
    > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030152

Note that the minimum Installation Manager version required for Worklight is version 1.5.2:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24031300

Pick, download, unzip the agent.installer.linux.gtk.s390 file, and run './install'.

--slowhand
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-02T06:09:42Z  
    • slowhand
    • ‏2012-11-01T15:19:51Z
    > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030152

Note that the minimum Installation Manager version required for Worklight is version 1.5.2:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24031300

Pick, download, unzip the agent.installer.linux.gtk.s390 file, and run './install'.

--slowhand
    Thanks for your replies.

I am having another doubt, is it possible to install and work with Worklight enterprise edition without Websphere Application Server. Worklight is having a seperate worklight server to deploy the applications, so why Websphere application server is listed in the pre-requ
  • slowhand
    slowhand
    35 Posts

‏2012-11-02T10:44:48Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-02T06:09:42Z
    Thanks for your replies.

I am having another doubt, is it possible to install and work with Worklight enterprise edition without Websphere Application Server. Worklight is having a seperate worklight server to deploy the applications, so why Websphere application server is listed in the pre-requ
    > is it possible to install and work with Worklight enterprise edition without Websphere Application Server.

Yes, as of version 5.0.0.3 Worklight Server supports
    • WebSphere Application Server, Full Profile,
    • WebSphere Application Server, Liberty Profile,
    • Tomcat.

> why Websphere application server is listed in the pre-requ

The system requirements do not state that Websphere Application Server is a prerequisite. It only says which version you need when you want to use Worklight with Websphere Application Server.

--slowhand
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-05T09:16:30Z  
    • slowhand
    • ‏2012-11-02T10:44:48Z
    > is it possible to install and work with Worklight enterprise edition without Websphere Application Server.

Yes, as of version 5.0.0.3 Worklight Server supports
    • WebSphere Application Server, Full Profile,
    • WebSphere Application Server, Liberty Profile,
    • Tomcat.

> why Websphere application server is listed in the pre-requ

The system requirements do not state that Websphere Application Server is a prerequisite. It only says which version you need when you want to use Worklight with Websphere Application Server.

--slowhand
    Thanks for the replies.

When I am trying to install Worklight on top of Eclipse Helios, am getting error like missing dependencies. Anybody faced the same error, kindly give your thoughts

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Optional: IBM Dojo Mobile Tools 1.0.0.v20120606_0243 (com.ibm.imp.dojo.tools.wee.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20120606_0243)
    Missing requirement: Links Indexer and Database 1.2.0.v20120424_0145 (com.ibm.etools.references 1.2.0.v20120424_0145) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem [1.3.1,4.0.0)' but it could not be found
    Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: DOH Plug-in 1.0.100.v20120508_2224 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.doh.core 1.0.100.v20120508_2224)
    To: bundle com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.core [1.2.0,2.0.0)
    From: Core Plug-in for Dojo support 1.6.0.v20120524_1605 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.core 1.6.0.v20120524_1605)
    To: bundle com.ibm.etools.references [1.1.0,2.0.0)
    From: Dojo Web Tools 1.0.100.v20120530_2117 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20120530_2117)
    To: com.ibm.etools.webtools.doh.core http://1.0.100.v20120508_2224
    From: Optional: IBM Dojo Mobile Tools 1.0.0.v20120606_0243 (com.ibm.imp.dojo.tools.wee.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20120606_0243)
    To: com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.feature.feature.group 1.0.0
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-11-05T13:46:45Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-05T09:16:30Z
    Thanks for the replies.

When I am trying to install Worklight on top of Eclipse Helios, am getting error like missing dependencies. Anybody faced the same error, kindly give your thoughts

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Optional: IBM Dojo Mobile Tools 1.0.0.v20120606_0243 (com.ibm.imp.dojo.tools.wee.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20120606_0243)
    Missing requirement: Links Indexer and Database 1.2.0.v20120424_0145 (com.ibm.etools.references 1.2.0.v20120424_0145) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem [1.3.1,4.0.0)' but it could not be found
    From: DOH Plug-in 1.0.100.v20120508_2224 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.doh.core 1.0.100.v20120508_2224)
    To: bundle com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.core [1.2.0,2.0.0)
    From: Core Plug-in for Dojo support 1.6.0.v20120524_1605 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.core 1.6.0.v20120524_1605)
    To: bundle com.ibm.etools.references [1.1.0,2.0.0)
    From: Dojo Web Tools 1.0.100.v20120530_2117 (com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20120530_2117)
    To: com.ibm.etools.webtools.doh.core http://1.0.100.v20120508_2224
    From: Optional: IBM Dojo Mobile Tools 1.0.0.v20120606_0243 (com.ibm.imp.dojo.tools.wee.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20120606_0243)
    To: com.ibm.etools.webtools.dojo.feature.feature.group 1.0.0
    Manoj_1,

Are you installing the Classic version of Eclipse Helios? Per our install instructions for Eclipse Helios SR2 (3.6.2):

- Be sure that your system is running Java JDK version 6 or later.

- Download Eclipse Helios SR2 for Java EE Developers or Eclipse Classic.

- Unzip the downloaded file to a directory of your choice.

- Create a desktop shortcut to the eclipse.exe file.

- If you use Eclipse Classic, you need to manually add the following extra update site in order for the install to finish successfully:
    http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/helios/

- If you use Eclipse for Java EE Developers, this step is not necessary.

- Continue with one of the Worklight installation options shown above to install the IBM Worklight Developer Edition.
    Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-06T05:00:33Z  
    Manoj_1,

Are you installing the Classic version of Eclipse Helios? Per our install instructions for Eclipse Helios SR2 (3.6.2):

- If you use Eclipse Classic, you need to manually add the following extra update site in order for the install to finish successfully:

- Continue with one of the Worklight installation options shown above to install the IBM Worklight Developer Edition.
    Barbara Hampson,

We are trying to install Worklight Enterprise Edition and we have IBM java version 6 running in our system.

We have tried in eclipse Helios,Juno,Indigo but getting the same error, but not yet tried with Eclipse classic version.

Does installation of worklight Enterprise Edition requires any data to be downloaded from internet, because our system is not connected with internet.
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-06T11:06:24Z  
    Manoj_1,

I am having one more doubt, is oracle SDK/JRE is mandatory for installing worklight Enterprise Edition? In zLinux only IBM Java is supported. During installtation the IM stops at the place where the JRE is to be specified. It expects an Oracle JRE.

Anybody faced similar issues, kindly help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-11-06T22:11:07Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-06T11:06:24Z
    I am having one more doubt, is oracle SDK/JRE is mandatory for installing worklight Enterprise Edition? In zLinux only IBM Java is supported. During installtation the IM stops at the place where the JRE is to be specified. It expects an Oracle JRE.

Anybody faced similar issues, kindly help.
    If you are installing base version (5.0) of the Enterprise Edition (studio and server components) then I don't believe there is any requirement for internet access, as long as you are installing locally (I.E from the DVD or local archive). Can you provide more detail on how you're installing? I'll double check with our install team to be sure.

Also, on the Oracle vs. IBM JRE question - our supported prereqs page lists the IBM Java SDK, but has a caveat that it is for only for shell-sharing with the studio component (I.E. being able to install with other Rational products such as RTC). The IBM Java SDK doesn't work with the Android SDK. Tony Duong mentioned above he was able to get Worklight installed on zLinux. If IBM Java is a requirement of zLinux Tony may have figured a way around this (or maybe isn't using Android).

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1311092114017&osPlatform=Linux#
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-06T22:24:29Z  
    If you are installing base version (5.0) of the Enterprise Edition (studio and server components) then I don't believe there is any requirement for internet access, as long as you are installing locally (I.E from the DVD or local archive). Can you provide more detail on how you're installing? I'll double check with our install team to be sure.

Also, on the Oracle vs. IBM JRE question - our supported prereqs page lists the IBM Java SDK, but has a caveat that it is for only for shell-sharing with the studio component (I.E. being able to install with other Rational products such as RTC). The IBM Java SDK doesn't work with the Android SDK. Tony Duong mentioned above he was able to get Worklight installed on zLinux. If IBM Java is a requirement of zLinux Tony may have figured a way around this (or maybe isn't using Android).

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1311092114017&osPlatform=Linux#
    My apologies, I have worklight server on zLinux, but haven't tried worklight studio yet. I can give it a try sometime this week whenever time allows.
    Regarding the studio installation, in my experience, I need to have internet access while installing studio on windows/MAC to download dependencies.
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-07T05:59:11Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-06T22:24:29Z
    My apologies, I have worklight server on zLinux, but haven't tried worklight studio yet. I can give it a try sometime this week whenever time allows.
    Regarding the studio installation, in my experience, I need to have internet access while installing studio on windows/MAC to download dependencies.
    Thanks Tony Duong.

As you said, you have worklight server on zLinux, then is it possible to develop the application in Worklight studio installed in a non-zLinux system(say windows), and deploy the same application in the worklight server installed in zLinux.

Since zLinux is not connected to internet, how the deployed application is accessible outside the zLinux.
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-28T04:42:39Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-06T22:24:29Z
    Hi Tony Duong,

Have you tried installing the Worklight Studio in zLinux?

We are still facing the compatibility issue of Oracle java in zLinux. We would like to install the server now. If you could share us the OS and other requirements of zLinux in which you had installed the Server it would be of great help to us.
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-28T04:53:51Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-28T04:42:39Z
    Hi Tony Duong,

Have you tried installing the Worklight Studio in zLinux?

We are still facing the compatibility issue of Oracle java in zLinux. We would like to install the server now. If you could share us the OS and other requirements of zLinux in which you had installed the Server it would be of great help to us.
    Hello,

My apologies, I've yet to try installing Studio on my Linux on Z system.

For Server, I'm currently using :
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 s390x (64-bit)

You first need to download the IBM Installation Manager (IIM) installer, it is a 32-bit applications so your os will require 32 bit libraries including the gtk libs. More info can be found on the IIM prereq pages. I believe you may have this part done already?
    Once you have IIM installed, you can then use the appropriate (Enterprise or Consumer) base 5.0 repository + the latest fix pack available to install the full worklight server.
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-28T08:52:25Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-28T04:53:51Z
    Hello,

My apologies, I've yet to try installing Studio on my Linux on Z system.

For Server, I'm currently using :
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 s390x (64-bit)

You first need to download the IBM Installation Manager (IIM) installer, it is a 32-bit applications so your os will require 32 bit libraries including the gtk libs. More info can be found on the IIM prereq pages. I believe you may have this part done already?
    Once you have IIM installed, you can then use the appropriate (Enterprise or Consumer) base 5.0 repository + the latest fix pack available to install the full worklight server.
    Thanks Tony Duong.

We had installed Installation manager 1.5.3 in our zLinux and added repositories for worklight server enterprise edition. We installed the Worklight server with database as mysql and applciation server as WAS and the installation is finished sucessfully.

But we do not know how to start the server and deploy the application?

If we develop the application in worklight studio running in another environment(say windows), and deploy the application in worklight server(in zLinux) as a wlapp file, does it work the same way as in windows, or do we need to add any additional patches in the server(in zLinux) ?
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-28T13:52:50Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-28T08:52:25Z
    Thanks Tony Duong.

We had installed Installation manager 1.5.3 in our zLinux and added repositories for worklight server enterprise edition. We installed the Worklight server with database as mysql and applciation server as WAS and the installation is finished sucessfully.

But we do not know how to start the server and deploy the application?

If we develop the application in worklight studio running in another environment(say windows), and deploy the application in worklight server(in zLinux) as a wlapp file, does it work the same way as in windows, or do we need to add any additional patches in the server(in zLinux) ?
    Which of the following option did you choose on the screen that said Application Server Choice:
    1) Install WebSphere Application Server Liberty
    2) Use pre-installed WebSphere Application Server Liberty
    3) Use Another pre-installed Application Server..... etc

I want to believe that you chose option 1, but please do confirm.

Section 2.5 of the Admin Guide has details for all options
    (Assuming you chose option 1) Worklight would/may have been installed in the following directory: /opt/IBM/Worklight
    You can start and stop the server by going into the following directory: /opt/IBM/Worklight/server/wlp
    ./server start worklightServer
    ./server stop worklightServer

Section 2.8 has details for deploying applications and adapters, (wlapp that you mentioned)
    The archives (.wlapp and .adapter) are the <PATH>/workspaceName/projectName/bin directory

The application will work the same way. The only difference that you should see is that you will not longer have a Mobile Browser Simulator in the Worklight Console. This is meant to be a development, test tool so is not included in the non studio server.
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-29T06:48:25Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-28T13:52:50Z
    Which of the following option did you choose on the screen that said Application Server Choice:
    1) Install WebSphere Application Server Liberty
    2) Use pre-installed WebSphere Application Server Liberty
    3) Use Another pre-installed Application Server..... etc

I want to believe that you chose option 1, but please do confirm.

Section 2.5 of the Admin Guide has details for all options
    (Assuming you chose option 1) Worklight would/may have been installed in the following directory: /opt/IBM/Worklight
    You can start and stop the server by going into the following directory: /opt/IBM/Worklight/server/wlp
    ./server start worklightServer
    ./server stop worklightServer

Section 2.8 has details for deploying applications and adapters, (wlapp that you mentioned)
    The archives (.wlapp and .adapter) are the <PATH>/workspaceName/projectName/bin directory

The application will work the same way. The only difference that you should see is that you will not longer have a Mobile Browser Simulator in the Worklight Console. This is meant to be a development, test tool so is not included in the non studio server.
    Thank you so much Tony Duong.

While installing the worklight server, we choose option 3http://3) Use Another pre-installed Application Server..... . The installation is successfull and we got a folder in /opt/IBM/Worklight .

Inside the folder we have three sub-folders(Application center, Licence-wee and worklightserver) and a readme.html file. We cannot find anything relevant to start the server in any of the folders.

We also tried to uninstall the worklight server and re-install it using the option 1( Install WebSphere Application Server Liberty ). But the installation is unsuccesfull with the following error.

Installation failed.
    Error during "post-install configure" phase:
    The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/IBM/Worklight/WorklightServer/post-install.xml:76: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/IBM/Worklight/WorklightServer/post-install.xml:126: Java returned: 1
    /opt/IBM/Worklight/WorklightServer/post-install.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/IBM/Worklight/WorklightServer/post-install.xml:76: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:508)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.ant.AntInstallOperation.doPerform(AntInstallOperation.java:231)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AbstractInstallOperation.perform(AbstractInstallOperation.java:126)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.customOperation(AntInstallAdapter.java:98)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.PerformInstallOperation.doPerform(PerformInstallOperation.java:54)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AbstractInstallOperation.perform(AbstractInstallOperation.java:126)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperation(InstallTransaction.java:75)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallContext.performOperationReturnStatus(InstallContext.java:539)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.handlePerformOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:404)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.processCommonOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:441)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.dispatcher(AntInstallAdapter.java:71)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performMain(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:285)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performOtherPhase(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:131)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.perform(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:104)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.postInstallConfigure(AntInstallAdapter.java:56)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.postInstallConfigure(SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.java:105)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$PostInstallConfigure.performIU(Engine.java:629)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase$IUPhaseSubOperation.perform(Engine.java:472)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperation(InstallTransaction.java:75)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase.doPerform(Engine.java:373)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:313)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperations(InstallTransaction.java:118)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:263)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine.install(Engine.java:88)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallOrderManager$EngineInstallOperation.perform(InstallOrderManager.java:547)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperations(InstallTransaction.java:118)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.performEngineOperations(Director.java:1673)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:1057)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:980)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.install(Director.java:641)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.install(Agent.java:1633)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard.performTask(InstallWizard.java:330)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.AgentUIWizard$2.run(AgentUIWizard.java:468)
    com.ibm.cic.common.ui.internal.parts.ProgressPart$ProgressJob.run(ProgressPart.java:104)
    org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-29T07:08:59Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-29T06:48:25Z
    Thank you so much Tony Duong.

While installing the worklight server, we choose option 3http://3) Use Another pre-installed Application Server..... . The installation is successfull and we got a folder in /opt/IBM/Worklight .

Inside the folder we have three sub-folders(Application center, Licence-wee and worklightserver) and a readme.html file. We cannot find anything relevant to start the server in any of the folders.

We also tried to uninstall the worklight server and re-install it using the option 1( Install WebSphere Application Server Liberty ). But the installation is unsuccesfull with the following error.

Installation failed.
    Error during "post-install configure" phase:
    The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/IBM/Worklight/WorklightServer/post-install.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:508)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.ant.AntInstallOperation.doPerform(AntInstallOperation.java:231)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.customOperation(AntInstallAdapter.java:98)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.PerformInstallOperation.doPerform(PerformInstallOperation.java:54)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallContext.performOperationReturnStatus(InstallContext.java:539)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.handlePerformOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:404)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.processCommonOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:441)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.dispatcher(AntInstallAdapter.java:71)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performMain(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:285)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performOtherPhase(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:131)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.perform(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:104)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.postInstallConfigure(AntInstallAdapter.java:56)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.postInstallConfigure(SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.java:105)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$PostInstallConfigure.performIU(Engine.java:629)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase$IUPhaseSubOperation.perform(Engine.java:472)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase.doPerform(Engine.java:373)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:313)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:263)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine.install(Engine.java:88)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallOrderManager$EngineInstallOperation.perform(InstallOrderManager.java:547)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.performEngineOperations(Director.java:1673)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:1057)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:980)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.install(Director.java:641)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.install(Agent.java:1633)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard.performTask(InstallWizard.java:330)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.AgentUIWizard$2.run(AgentUIWizard.java:468)
    com.ibm.cic.common.ui.internal.parts.ProgressPart$ProgressJob.run(ProgressPart.java:104)
    org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Hi,

In /opt/IBM/Worklight there is a 'install.log' file. Can you please share it?

Regarding your first attempt, did you point to an existing WebSphere Application Server instance, if so, what version of WAS are you using.

Also, did you install with the base Worklight 5.0 repository and the latest fix pack repository or just the base?
  • Manoj_1
    Manoj_1
    11 Posts

‏2012-11-29T12:48:27Z  
    • qcduong
    • ‏2012-11-29T07:08:59Z
    Hi,

In /opt/IBM/Worklight there is a 'install.log' file. Can you please share it?

Regarding your first attempt, did you point to an existing WebSphere Application Server instance, if so, what version of WAS are you using.

Also, did you install with the base Worklight 5.0 repository and the latest fix pack repository or just the base?
    Thanks for the information.

First we have installed as the base version (without any update fixes), so we could not specify the exact location of the database and application server installed in the system.

After adding the update fixes, we could specify the application server as pre-installed WAS and database as mySQL with the installed paths and login information while installing worklight studio.
    The installation is succesfull, but we could not locate the opt/IBM/worklight/server folder.

do we need to change something in WAS or how to start the server and console.

We have WAS 7.0 installed in our system.

Could you please provide your email-id, so that we could communicate in a better way.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-11-30T00:27:38Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-29T12:48:27Z

First we have installed as the base version (without any update fixes), so we could not specify the exact location of the database and application server installed in the system.

After adding the update fixes, we could specify the application server as pre-installed WAS and database as mySQL with the installed paths and login information while installing worklight studio.
    The installation is succesfull, but we could not locate the opt/IBM/worklight/server folder.

Could you please provide your email-id, so that we could communicate in a better way.
    Manoj,

A few things to check:

1. Admin Guide: Section 2.2.2 MySql setup (I assume this is ok since your install was successful)

2. Section 2.3.1 for privileges (I assume this is ok since your install was successful)

3. Section 2.5.2 - make sure your WebSphere App server is started (Worklight should already be installed in it based on the IM option #3 where you chose to install into an existing WebSphere App Server)

4. Section 2.6 - open up a web browser and verify you can get to the Worklight console:

To verify correct installation, open a web browser and point it to your application server: http://<server>:<port>/<publicWorkLightContext>/console

• qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts

‏2012-11-30T04:41:55Z  
    • Manoj_1
    • ‏2012-11-29T12:48:27Z

Hi, my email is qcduong@us.ibm.com