Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-09T13:24:46Z by d.parini
d.parini
d.parini
27 Posts

Pinned topic FTP connector BEER0436E: IllegalArgumentException

‏2012-10-09T08:17:47Z |
Hi, i'm trying to test FTP event connector. I built up a simple app to retrieve a file on an ftp server and than do as action something worthless, just to test the ftp event connector. The problem is that even before generating any event, while starting the connectors, i get the error log i'm attaching. I looked for hints in the documentation, but it seems that no particular configuration needs to be done in order to take advantage of ftp connectors.

Please, take a look.
Updated on 2012-10-09T13:24:46Z at 2012-10-09T13:24:46Z by d.parini
  • LewisEvans
    LewisEvans
    1 Post

Re: FTP connector BEER0436E: IllegalArgumentException

‏2012-10-09T10:04:28Z  
    Hi,

It looks like something may have gone wrong with the configuration of the connector settings of your event. The polling frequency doesn't seem to have been set correctly.

Can you tweak the value of the polling frequency to something other than the default, save the project and try again?

Which version of the product are you using? What steps did you follow to create the FTP event?

Thanks

Lewis
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-09T12:41:52Z  
    Hi,

It looks like something may have gone wrong with the configuration of the connector settings of your event. The polling frequency doesn't seem to have been set correctly.

Can you tweak the value of the polling frequency to something other than the default, save the project and try again?

Which version of the product are you using? What steps did you follow to create the FTP event?

Thanks

Lewis
    Thanks for your reply Lewis.

I'm running WODM 7.5.

I simply created an event project, added an event and configured the FTP connector. The "test connection" button says "ok". I created a totally empty action without connector, and a then do foo action; rule to be able to deploy the project.
    I also tried adding the event/business/action objects carrying a String, but the error seems to be in the connector itself.

I noticed what you pointed out: the polling frequency seems to be somewhat "illegal". The fact is that i have no idea where to set its value! It's not like the filesystem connector where a field prompts for it.
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-09T13:24:46Z  
    Ok, solved.
    I found something that may be interesting for IBM. Attached you will find a screenshot of my event designer: NO POLLING INTERVAL FIELD. To make the connector work i needed to manually add the <property name="CONNECT_FREQUENCY" type="System">10</property> to the .evet file.
    I think this is a bug that needs some fixing.
    Note that i'm running "it" localized WODM in "en" environment. May it be a globalization issue?