Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-21T20:48:27Z by evhlm78254
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts

Pinned topic Problem generating IBM JAX-WS web services using Eclipse plugin for WAS 8.5

‏2012-10-08T17:01:29Z |
I have installed WebSphere for Developers under Eclipse Indigo using the WAS 8.5 Developer Tools plugin. Everything seems to work just fine except that I cannot generate an IBM JAX-WS web service. The Web Services wizard lets me select IBM JAX-WS as an option and collects the needed info, but when it goes to run wsgen it fails with the following stack trace:

Errors occurred during wsgen.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jws22.v85.command.AbstractWsGenCommand.execute(AbstractWsGenCommand.java:134)
at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.command.WsGenCommand.execute(WsGenCommand.java:64)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.runCommand(CommandFragmentEngine.java:419)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.visitTop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:359)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.moveForwardToNextStop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:254)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager$6.run(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:294)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1029)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager.runForwardToNextStop(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:264)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.runForwardToNextStop(WizardPageManager.java:91)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.getNextPage(WizardPageManager.java:154)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleWizardPage.getNextPage(SimpleWizardPage.java:136)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:908)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:428)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.popup.DynamicPopupWizard.run(DynamicPopupWizard.java:130)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/tools/apt/Main
at com.ibm.jtc.jax.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.buildModel(WsgenTool.java:223)
at com.ibm.jtc.jax.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.run(WsgenTool.java:123)
... 56 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.apt.Main
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 58 more

It manages to generate a Delegate class before failing.
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts

Re: Problem generating IBM JAX-WS web services using Eclipse plugin for WAS 8.5

‏2012-10-10T14:28:52Z  
    Hi,

I think the issue should be reported to the full WebSphere Application Server forum as the many traces (JAX-WS and WAS 8.5 Developer Tools plugin) led me to believe it's a question about the full WAS.

Jacek
    Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2012-10-10T16:40:51Z  
    Hi,

I think the issue should be reported to the full WebSphere Application Server forum as the many traces (JAX-WS and WAS 8.5 Developer Tools plugin) led me to believe it's a question about the full WAS.

Jacek
    I also have RAD 8.5 and the same wizard works perfectly well there. It seems to be a problem with the combination of WAS for developers and the Eclipse plugin which runs it. I tried to open a PMR on this and was told that IBM donated this plugin to the open source community and does not support it.
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts

‏2012-10-10T22:05:36Z  
    I also have RAD 8.5 and the same wizard works perfectly well there. It seems to be a problem with the combination of WAS for developers and the Eclipse plugin which runs it. I tried to open a PMR on this and was told that IBM donated this plugin to the open source community and does not support it.
    Hi,

WebSphere Application Server for Developers is "a no-charge development runtime for projects that don't warrant the expense of a priced and supported runtime on the developer desktop." While IBM promotes Liberty Profile as the WAS to ease developer's life, they're different servers (though they share the same codebase).

See Programming model support for the supported specifications.

I'm concerned with the following statement: "was told that IBM donated this plugin to the open source community and does not support it." I might be wrong, but I thought the plugin is indeed supported by IBM. What's the PMR number? Could you post the response here in its entirety?

Jacek
  • Keith Chong
    Keith Chong
    5 Posts

‏2012-10-15T17:24:15Z  
    Hi,

WebSphere Application Server for Developers is "a no-charge development runtime for projects that don't warrant the expense of a priced and supported runtime on the developer desktop." While IBM promotes Liberty Profile as the WAS to ease developer's life, they're different servers (though they share the same codebase).

See Programming model support for the supported specifications.

I'm concerned with the following statement: "was told that IBM donated this plugin to the open source community and does not support it." I might be wrong, but I thought the plugin is indeed supported by IBM. What's the PMR number? Could you post the response here in its entirety?

Jacek
    Hi James,

Which features did you select when you installed WebSphere Application Server for Developer tools? Just for clarification, are you targeting WAS 8.5 or Liberty Profile 8.5 ?
  • evhlm78254
    evhlm78254
    1 Post

‏2013-08-21T20:48:27Z  

I am using Eclipse 4.2 w/Liberty Profile 8.5.5 vm 1.7.0 and running into the same stack trace and have been unable to correct the issue.  I read on another thread there maybe a problem with vm set to a 1.6 jdk.  I have attempted to 1.7 jre and jdk, still the same error.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Errors occurred during wsgen.
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.tools.command.AbstractWsGenCommand.execute(AbstractWsGenCommand.java:134)
        at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.command.WsGenCommand.execute(WsGenCommand.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.runCommand(CommandFragmentEngine.java:419)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.visitTop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:359)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.moveForwardToNextStop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:254)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager$6.run(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:294)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1028)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager.runForwardToNextStop(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:264)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.runForwardToNextStop(WizardPageManager.java:91)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.getNextPage(WizardPageManager.java:154)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleWizardPage.getNextPage(SimpleWizardPage.java:136)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:908)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:428)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
        at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.popup.DynamicPopupWizard.run(DynamicPopupWizard.java:130)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
        at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/tools/apt/Main
        at com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.buildModel(WsgenTool.java:223)
        at com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.run(WsgenTool.java:123)
        ... 57 more