Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-18T11:09:16Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
289 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic BO - Default value for XSD is not populated

‏2012-10-08T07:45:31Z |
Hi,
While designing BO, I had set default values for some of the simple elements. Now when I test this mapping, with no values assigned to these elements, default values are not populated. As per my understanding, in an XSD, a default value is automatically assigned to the element when no other value is specified. ??
Updated on 2013-01-18T11:09:16Z at 2013-01-18T11:09:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    289 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: BO - Default value for XSD is not populated

‏2012-10-26T22:18:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'm not sure about this particular feature, but not all XSD features are supported in BOs or maps. This is because WESB does not use xml internally to represent the data, but DataObjects instead. If you create a BO instance from a XSD, you will get an "empty" BO object, i.e. its interior is not populated. I doubt that the factory shall check for default values when creating a BO.

It's good to know that BOs follow an "opposite" idea than that of XML. While in XML each node has its name, name of a BO is determined by its parent, BOs do not have their own names. This difference causes many complications when converting BOs to XML and vice versa. That's why a BO created from a XML forgets the name of its root element from which it was created.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      289 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T09:58:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      we are also had same issue......we got solution

In XSLT map.....in properties >>policy

we have settings for default values for fields(for all cases).we can pass default values or also we can generate

It's working for me...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    289 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-18T11:09:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks!! it works