Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T15:12:12Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Coach_designer.xsl override in TW6.0 and IBPM 8.0

‏2012-10-08T05:13:16Z |
I am involved in a migration project from TW6.0 to IBPM 8.0 and I am facing issues with the coaches.

In TW6.0, coach_designer.xsl has been completely customized and a block of xml part of coach_designed.xsl been referenced in the coaches CSS override property.

When the migration happend, this reference is giving errors in IBPM 8.0 and we have no clue about it.

Could anybody please help me out on this.
Updated on 2012-10-10T15:12:12Z at 2012-10-10T15:12:12Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

Re: Coach_designer.xsl override in TW6.0 and IBPM 8.0

‏2012-10-08T21:45:21Z  
    Hi there,
    From your post it isn't really clear what the issue may be. Some thoughts though ...

In v8, the Coach system was 100% replaced to no longer use XSL transformations. The pre-V8 coach technology is still present for backwards compatibility and is termed "heritage coaches". Make sure you aren't mixing apples and oranges.

If you use the IBM "vanilla" XSL style sheet, does something appear?

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-10T06:08:32Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-10-08T21:45:21Z
    Hi there,
    From your post it isn't really clear what the issue may be. Some thoughts though ...

In v8, the Coach system was 100% replaced to no longer use XSL transformations. The pre-V8 coach technology is still present for backwards compatibility and is termed "heritage coaches". Make sure you aren't mixing apples and oranges.

If you use the IBM "vanilla" XSL style sheet, does something appear?

Neil
    Hi Neil,

Let me put the query clearley.

We have application running on TW6.o and here coachdesigner.xsl file is overriden. In few of the coaches reference of xsl used in CSS override propery.

Now this application had been installed on IBPM8.0 as process application. The reference of xsl used in CSS override property is giving error and coaches are not displaying expcected sections.

Now the question is how to use same old 6.0 xsl files in IBPM 8.0
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-10T15:12:12Z  
    Hi Neil,

Let me put the query clearley.

We have application running on TW6.o and here coachdesigner.xsl file is overriden. In few of the coaches reference of xsl used in CSS override propery.

Now this application had been installed on IBPM8.0 as process application. The reference of xsl used in CSS override property is giving error and coaches are not displaying expcected sections.

Now the question is how to use same old 6.0 xsl files in IBPM 8.0
    I don't think the right thing to do is to simply use the old transforms, since coach designer bugs are frequently found and fixed in the transform, so changing back to the 6.X transform (which is 4+ years old) would not be a great idea. I would recommend you figure out the changes that were done in the 6.X and then make the same changes in the current XSLT.

For a given process app you can change the default XSLT as well as the Default CSS in the "Process App Settings" UI. In 8.0 the entries are under "Heritage Coach Designer Settings".

Note this does not change the XSLT globally, but that is a good thing since it allows you to have a OOTB Process App to determine if a coach bug is due to your changes or a product bug.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com