• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-17T18:09:08Z by SX14_Rahul_Singh
SX14_Rahul_Singh
SX14_Rahul_Singh
14 Posts

Pinned topic WTX over WMB

‏2012-10-07T12:36:46Z |
Hi All,

I am new to the world of Message Broker and I am currently working on WTX. Before i can fully get into WMB i have to have answer as to why is WMB is getting so stronger in market. As part of that analysis i have a question in mind. They say WMB is very good for routing wherein message received from one protocol can be delivered via another protocal very easily. My doubt is even in WTX we have plenty of adapters available. For example if my message would come from a MQ and i need to deliver it via HTTP i can do so by configuring my input and output adapters with MQ and HTTP. So what is so different in WMB when compared to WTX.

Appreciate if someone would come up and provide me the clarity on the above scenario.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-10-17T18:09:08Z at 2012-10-17T18:09:08Z by SX14_Rahul_Singh
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts

Re: WTX over WMB

‏2012-10-08T10:21:06Z  
    There are multiple reasons why WMB is successful so it is not just about message routing or adapters.
    WMB is fast, reliable, flexible and adaptable. It supports open standards, and it complies with those standards. It has a vibrant community of expert users who can assist with technical questions. It has kept up with the changes in the IT landscape remarkably well for a mature product - it supports web services and REST and allows PHP as a transformation language.

I could go on...but those things alone would make any product strong in the market place.
  • SX14_Rahul_Singh
    SX14_Rahul_Singh
    14 Posts

‏2012-10-11T19:10:18Z  
    There are multiple reasons why WMB is successful so it is not just about message routing or adapters.
    WMB is fast, reliable, flexible and adaptable. It supports open standards, and it complies with those standards. It has a vibrant community of expert users who can assist with technical questions. It has kept up with the changes in the IT landscape remarkably well for a mature product - it supports web services and REST and allows PHP as a transformation language.

I could go on...but those things alone would make any product strong in the market place.
    I agree to the above points . But my question is that WMB states it provides the interoperability of protocols. This can also be achieved by using the respective adapters in WTX. Or is there a difference between them.
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts

‏2012-10-11T22:46:11Z  
    I agree to the above points . But my question is that WMB states it provides the interoperability of protocols. This can also be achieved by using the respective adapters in WTX. Or is there a difference between them.
    WTX and WMB do have some overlapping capabilities. They do the same things, but not always in the same way. Apart from that fact, which is well known, what exactly do you want to know?
  • SX14_Rahul_Singh
    SX14_Rahul_Singh
    14 Posts

‏2012-10-16T18:21:18Z  
    WTX and WMB do have some overlapping capabilities. They do the same things, but not always in the same way. Apart from that fact, which is well known, what exactly do you want to know?
    Now we are at the point .. when it comes to overlapping capabilitites which is more better?
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts

‏2012-10-17T14:53:05Z  
    Now we are at the point .. when it comes to overlapping capabilitites which is more better?
    IBM gives very clear advice on this. If you're a WMB user then you should use native WMB facilities whenever possible. This will make your message flows more efficient, and easier to maintain. If you find something that is difficult or impossible with WMB native facilities then it is appropriate to use WTX or any other suitable technology to fill the gap.
  • SX14_Rahul_Singh
    SX14_Rahul_Singh
    14 Posts

‏2012-10-17T18:09:08Z  
    IBM gives very clear advice on this. If you're a WMB user then you should use native WMB facilities whenever possible. This will make your message flows more efficient, and easier to maintain. If you find something that is difficult or impossible with WMB native facilities then it is appropriate to use WTX or any other suitable technology to fill the gap.
    ok .. i understand it better now . thanks :)