• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-10-17T07:39:02Z by mjuneja
SLKP
SLKP
61 Posts

Pinned topic BOD and REST

‏2012-10-07T08:14:44Z |
Hi All,

Im new to REST webservices..So can any one of you help me to sort out the difference between SOI and REST..As per my understanding ,Component Services are classified into SOI and BOD..SOI is using SOAP protocol for communication between services, and REST architecture is based on BOD framework like Nouns and verbs..SOI is based on command framework and Rest on BOD framwork..Is this understanding right?

ALso Rest is mainly used to access a resource like data..eg:getting a username based on a userid and SOAP is mainly for performing an Operation on that data..

Anyone please provide a clear picture based on this input..
Thanks in Advance.
Updated on 2013-02-11T17:16:20Z at 2013-02-11T17:16:20Z by SLKP
  • WenjianQiao
    WenjianQiao
    1 Post

Re: BOD and REST

‏2012-10-08T12:44:38Z  
    WebSphere Commerce REST services are based on component services including both SOI based and BOD based services.

REST services can be used to create, read, update, and delete resources. You can call REST services to perform operations on a resource such as registering a shopper, adding a product item to your shopping cart, submitting your order and so on.

InfoCenter has a list of REST services at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.starterstores.doc/concepts/cwvrestapi.htm.
  • balusethuraman
    balusethuraman
    117 Posts

‏2012-11-10T06:26:01Z  
    WebSphere Commerce REST services are based on component services including both SOI based and BOD based services.

REST services can be used to create, read, update, and delete resources. You can call REST services to perform operations on a resource such as registering a shopper, adding a product item to your shopping cart, submitting your order and so on.

InfoCenter has a list of REST services at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.starterstores.doc/concepts/cwvrestapi.htm.
    Hi,
    I am new to REST services. I did some R&D and understood some things about REST. My requirement is to fetch the data from database based on the given category ID or searchterm. For this I could find 'ProductViewHandler service' which uses catalog navigation view noun.
    When I hit this URl,
    http:localhost/wcs/resources/store/11051/productview/bySearchTerm/sofa?responseFormat=xml&minprice=100&maxprice=200

it is fetching the details of 'sofa' with price range between 100 to 200 in a XML format.
    Now I want to fetch the details of multiple categories like sofa, table, lamp, etc at a single go. How to do this?? Is there any inbuilt services present in wcs7 or we need to customize the REST service?? If we need to customize then how to customize it?? Expecting your help.. Thanks in advance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2012-11-15T19:22:37Z  
    Hi,
    I am new to REST services. I did some R&D and understood some things about REST. My requirement is to fetch the data from database based on the given category ID or searchterm. For this I could find 'ProductViewHandler service' which uses catalog navigation view noun.
    When I hit this URl,
    http:localhost/wcs/resources/store/11051/productview/bySearchTerm/sofa?responseFormat=xml&minprice=100&maxprice=200

it is fetching the details of 'sofa' with price range between 100 to 200 in a XML format.
    Now I want to fetch the details of multiple categories like sofa, table, lamp, etc at a single go. How to do this?? Is there any inbuilt services present in wcs7 or we need to customize the REST service?? If we need to customize then how to customize it?? Expecting your help.. Thanks in advance.
    If you're using the Solr search you might want to do that there directly with your own service. I like the BOD services for some things, but what you're doing is going to have huge overhead and be unusable if it's going to be hit a lot of times (anything not administrative) Otherwise if you're using Endeca you might hit that directly likewise. I think it would be required to understand what you're doing. In addition the REST services released in the most recent WC7 feature/fix packs are built on top of BOD services and I personally would rather do a direct JSON XML over HTTP web service for what you're outlining for best performance at high velocity.

geo

George Niece
    WebSphere Commerce Jedi Master
    IBM Champion for WebSphere
    eGlobal Solutions
    http://www.eGlobal-Sol.com
    Twitter: @WebSphrCommerce
  • balusethuraman
    balusethuraman
    117 Posts

‏2012-11-19T13:29:56Z  
    If you're using the Solr search you might want to do that there directly with your own service. I like the BOD services for some things, but what you're doing is going to have huge overhead and be unusable if it's going to be hit a lot of times (anything not administrative) Otherwise if you're using Endeca you might hit that directly likewise. I think it would be required to understand what you're doing. In addition the REST services released in the most recent WC7 feature/fix packs are built on top of BOD services and I personally would rather do a direct JSON XML over HTTP web service for what you're outlining for best performance at high velocity.

geo

George Niece
    WebSphere Commerce Jedi Master
    IBM Champion for WebSphere
    eGlobal Solutions
    http://www.eGlobal-Sol.com
    Twitter: @WebSphrCommerce
    Hi,
    We need to customize findbySearchTerm rest service. We need to pass multiple values for a search term (like lamp,sofa,table,etc.)is our requirement.

http://localhost/wcs/resources/store/11151/productview/bySearchTerm/lamp?responseFormat=xml

We want to know how findbySearchTerm works exactly.We searched and found the Xpath expression for findbySearchTerm from get-data-config.xml as,

{_wcf.ap=IBM_Store_CatalogEntrySearch;_wcf.search.profile=IBM_findCatalogEntryByName;_wcf.search.category=10002;_wcf.search.type=0;_wcf.search.sort='$orderBy$';_wcf.search.source=0;_wcf.search.facet='$facet$';_wcf.search.exclude.facet='$filterFacet$';_wcf.search.meta='$metaData$'}/CatalogNavigationView

The Xpath key for the Xpath expression is "/CatalogNavigationView" which doesn't contain any identifer. In this case, the xpath key will be mapped to CatalogNavigationView.xsd is what our assumption. If our assumption is right then can we create new xsd file and map that with xpath key??
  • SLKP
    SLKP
    61 Posts

‏2013-02-09T22:21:51Z  
    Hi I need a help for mapping Rest request to BOD in the case of overlays..Here Im extending OrderNoun's orderItemType to ORderExtItemType so as to add a attribute Registry.. In rest-cart-client-objects.xml, if i want to include this new element so as to get the value in my customised controller command's request properties,what should I do?

I tried this way,but not working
    <_config:URLParameter name="orderItem/registry" nounElement="/OrderItem/Registry" key="true" return="true" />
    Is configNoundefinition tag has any significance on this?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

‏2013-02-11T15:36:23Z  
    • SLKP
    • ‏2013-02-09T22:21:51Z
    Hi I need a help for mapping Rest request to BOD in the case of overlays..Here Im extending OrderNoun's orderItemType to ORderExtItemType so as to add a attribute Registry.. In rest-cart-client-objects.xml, if i want to include this new element so as to get the value in my customised controller command's request properties,what should I do?

I tried this way,but not working
    <_config:URLParameter name="orderItem/registry" nounElement="/OrderItem/Registry" key="true" return="true" />
    Is configNoundefinition tag has any significance on this?
    Include as UserData as specified in the rest-cart-client-objects.xml.

{
    "orderItem": [
    {
    "productId": "3191367",
    "quantity": "1.0",
    "xitem_price": "129.0"
    }
    ],
    "x_catalogId": "354545"

}

two userdata will be passed to the command as NVP (price=129,catalog_id=354545)
  • SLKP
    SLKP
    61 Posts

‏2013-02-11T17:16:20Z  
    Thanks Abdul..
    But my need is to get it using Overlays..With userdata it was working fine..But my requirement is to use Overlays as the new elements added to the extended xsd are the logical parts of Order Noun..

Is there any way to get it using Rest-cart-client-object.xml other than building the noun using overlay as OOB does??
    Thanks
  • mjuneja
    mjuneja
    3 Posts

‏2014-10-01T11:43:14Z  

Hi

I want to save one extra field on ADDRESS capture JSP. I want to use field1 in address table for this. What steps should i follow to save new value to field1.  Which customizations should i do to existing BOD/REST framework.

Thanks

Meenu

Updated on 2014-10-01T11:53:49Z at 2014-10-01T11:53:49Z by mjuneja
  • chetan_raju
    chetan_raju
    6 Posts

‏2014-10-02T05:16:26Z  
    • mjuneja
    • ‏2014-10-01T11:43:14Z

Hi

I want to save one extra field on ADDRESS capture JSP. I want to use field1 in address table for this. What steps should i follow to save new value to field1.  Which customizations should i do to existing BOD/REST framework.

Thanks

Meenu

You can have a hidden field in your JSP as below. Rest is taken care automatically.

<input type="hidden" name="addressField1" value="custom_data" id="address_field1" />

• mjuneja
    mjuneja
    3 Posts

‏2014-10-02T17:54:54Z  

You can have a hidden field in your JSP as below. Rest is taken care automatically.

<input type="hidden" name="addressField1" value="custom_data" id="address_field1" />

Thanks a lot. This has resolved my issue.   I want to understand where this mapping is defined. Can u please explain me the flow in short?

• chetan_raju
    chetan_raju
    6 Posts

‏2014-10-06T04:48:35Z  
    • mjuneja
    • ‏2014-10-02T17:54:54Z

Thanks a lot. This has resolved my issue.   I want to understand where this mapping is defined. Can u please explain me the flow in short?

Following are the details of the mapping

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZLC2_7.0.0/com.ibm.commerce.services.doc/refs/rmsmemberlogicalschema.htm?lang=en

Regards,
    Chetan

• mjuneja
    mjuneja
    3 Posts

‏2014-10-06T07:35:58Z  

Thanks a lot :)

• mjuneja
    mjuneja
    3 Posts

Address Validation Third Party

‏2014-10-08T09:54:00Z  
    • mjuneja
    • ‏2014-10-06T07:35:58Z

Hi

I have to do SOAP based integration with third party for Address Validation.   Can someone provide a good tutorial.

Thanks

Meenu

• mjuneja
    mjuneja
    3 Posts

‏2014-10-17T07:39:02Z  
    • mjuneja
    • ‏2014-10-06T07:35:58Z

Hi

I am working on Guest Checkout. I want to call my command instead of oob service for capturing billing/shipping address details. I have extended AddressAddCmd  . It works fine when i call service in service declaration JS,for saving details, But when i change URL to my new command that is mapped to AddressAddCmd  interface,   and submit the form, it says

com.ibm.commerce.browseradapter.HttpBrowserAdapter preInvokeCommand(ViewCommandContext, HttpRequestAttributes) CMN1091E: The customer did not log on to the system.

Can someone guide me what should i do???

Thanks

Meenu