Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T19:33:43Z by barbara_morris
SolidAu
SolidAu
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Setting and changing the library list in RDP

‏2012-10-05T14:11:33Z |
I have created a program that sets my library list on initial signon to RDP. Because I work in several different environments I have a need to change the library list several times a day. I find the add/remove/move options very cumbersome. Has anyone out there devised a method wherby the library list used by RDP can be changed programmatically?
Updated on 2012-10-05T19:33:43Z at 2012-10-05T19:33:43Z by barbara_morris
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    535 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Setting and changing the library list in RDP

‏2012-10-05T14:23:52Z  in response to SolidAu
    I don't change environments as frequently as you do but when I have that need I have found it useful to create connections for each environment.

In my case it would be for multiple projects. I would create a connection for project 1 and specify the library list in the preferences. I would create a second connection for project two with the library list for that project. Same for project three, etc.

If you use filter pools you can add them to each connection which is nice and saves time.

I originally got the idea from an IBMer on the Rational team. Maybe this will help you out.
    • SolidAu
      SolidAu
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T14:34:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I beleive this will work for me. Thank you very much.
  • barbara_morris
    barbara_morris
    384 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T19:33:43Z  in response to SolidAu
    Just to let you know that there's another forum that's dedicated to RDP:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=2285

You might find it useful to follow that forum too.