Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-08T15:01:59Z by SystemAdmin
JimRyan
JimRyan
3 Posts

Pinned topic UTSCAN = Y app being created via RAASYNC

‏2012-10-05T12:17:43Z |
When I load distributed applications in via RAASYNC, it creates an application called UTSCAN=Y but when I l;oad the application via UI it does not.
Updated on 2013-01-08T15:01:59Z at 2013-01-08T15:01:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    344 Posts

Re: UTSCAN = Y app being created via RAASYNC

‏2012-10-16T20:42:46Z  
    Sorry for the delay, finally tracked this down...

The issue
    With work item 36144 on August 6, 2012 the UTSCAN=N parameter argument for a scan request via DMH0700 (C-based or Java-based) was deprecated in favor of the Common.cfg file's ScanningInfo section's SUFA=N property.

The UTSCAN parameter was thought to only be used internally by RAA software. However, in the case of those client's that are using raaSync (tooling provided by Rational Services) there appears to be this exposure!

The DMH0700 request format before the work item to request a rescan was:

C  rmType  siteName  containerName  memberFilter  [[parentApp,]app]  [SUBDIR=(Y|N)]  [UTSCAN=(Y|N)]  [SCANZIPS=(Y|N)]

The DMH0700 request format after the work item was:

C  rmType  siteName  containerName  memberFilter  [[parentApp,]app]  [SUBDIR=(Y|N)]  [SCANZIPS=(Y|N)]

The result
    Any parameter in a scan request, not expected by RAA tooling, is treated as an additional APPLICATION asset. It is entered as a new application, and any FILEs matching the memberFilter parameter are collected by it. The UTSCAN=Y text falls into this category and therefore, became an APPLICATION asset.
    The fix for raaSync clients

1) the client needs to remove the UTSCAN= parameter from any scan (or rescan) requests submitted to RAA v6.0.0.10 or later

2) to get the same functionality as UTSCAN=Y parameter, the client needs to add the SUFA=Y (Structured and Unstructured File Analysis) property to the ScanningInfo section of the Common.cfg file

3) the client needs to delete any UTSCAN=Y (or UTSCAN=N) applications from the RAA meta-data repository

There is no impact to any other RAA meta-data repository information.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-11-09T17:04:11Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-10-16T20:42:46Z
    Sorry for the delay, finally tracked this down...

The issue
    With work item 36144 on August 6, 2012 the UTSCAN=N parameter argument for a scan request via DMH0700 (C-based or Java-based) was deprecated in favor of the Common.cfg file's ScanningInfo section's SUFA=N property.

The UTSCAN parameter was thought to only be used internally by RAA software. However, in the case of those client's that are using raaSync (tooling provided by Rational Services) there appears to be this exposure!

The DMH0700 request format before the work item to request a rescan was:

<pre class="jive-pre"> C rmType siteName containerName memberFilter [[parentApp,]app] [SUBDIR=(Y|N)] [UTSCAN=(Y|N)] [SCANZIPS=(Y|N)] </pre>

The DMH0700 request format after the work item was:
    <pre class="jive-pre"> C rmType siteName containerName memberFilter [[parentApp,]app] [SUBDIR=(Y|N)] [SCANZIPS=(Y|N)] </pre>

The result
    Any parameter in a scan request, not expected by RAA tooling, is treated as an additional APPLICATION asset. It is entered as a new application, and any FILEs matching the memberFilter parameter are collected by it. The UTSCAN=Y text falls into this category and therefore, became an APPLICATION asset.
    The fix for raaSync clients

1) the client needs to remove the UTSCAN= parameter from any scan (or rescan) requests submitted to RAA v6.0.0.10 or later

2) to get the same functionality as UTSCAN=Y parameter, the client needs to add the SUFA=Y (Structured and Unstructured File Analysis) property to the ScanningInfo section of the Common.cfg file

3) the client needs to delete any UTSCAN=Y (or UTSCAN=N) applications from the RAA meta-data repository

I have similar issue 6.0.0.10 using RAASYNC and I followed your fix steps below. I have done step 2 ( add SUFA=Y to common.cfg) and step 3 . Not sure about step 1 because we don't have any UTSCAN parm in our packages any where .
    Fix didn't resolve the issue. Is there any thing I have to do with RAASYNC REXX components ? or do I need new version of RAA or RAA SYNC ? .. what should be next steps

sample of our pkg
    RAASYNC PACKAGE D121109.T112609S NUMENT:3 USER:DHARMA2
    C PDS CMH OCHM.PRCR.BASELINE.CPY PIPCI475 PRCR { ANN:2 NRECS:530 LEN:42400
    #ANNOT A:CHGPACKAGE T:OCHM.PRCR.BASELINE.CPY
    #ANNOT A:CHGDATE T:2003-10-27:14:14:00/CHNGMAN
    ******Body*************
    #RAASYNC PART:1 END
    #RAASYNC PACKAGE D121109.T112609S NUMENT:1 END
    Fix steps

• jocaseyibm
    jocaseyibm
    48 Posts

‏2012-11-12T17:08:55Z  
    I have similar issue 6.0.0.10 using RAASYNC and I followed your fix steps below. I have done step 2 ( add SUFA=Y to common.cfg) and step 3 . Not sure about step 1 because we don't have any UTSCAN parm in our packages any where .
    Fix didn't resolve the issue. Is there any thing I have to do with RAASYNC REXX components ? or do I need new version of RAA or RAA SYNC ? .. what should be next steps

sample of our pkg
    RAASYNC PACKAGE D121109.T112609S NUMENT:3 USER:DHARMA2
    C PDS CMH OCHM.PRCR.BASELINE.CPY PIPCI475 PRCR { ANN:2 NRECS:530 LEN:42400
    #ANNOT A:CHGPACKAGE T:OCHM.PRCR.BASELINE.CPY
    #ANNOT A:CHGDATE T:2003-10-27:14:14:00/CHNGMAN
    ******Body*************
    #RAASYNC PART:1 END
    #RAASYNC PACKAGE D121109.T112609S NUMENT:1 END
    Fix steps

Here is what is needed to remove "UTSCAN=x" from load cards, which is always generated in the current code.
    - Note: I have researched this issue for another customer but have not tested.

This requires a change to RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rex program which is in the ...\raasync\rexx directory of the RAA Windows server:

Find this statement:
    scanOpts = 'UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_ZOS_SYMBOLS --@2011.06.30

and replace it with these 2 statements (comment the original statement and recode to remove generated text).

• scanOpts = 'UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_ZOS_SYMBOLS --@2011.06.30 @2012.11.07
    scanOpts = '' --@2012.11.07 UTSCAN option deprecated - remove from load card
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-11-13T13:23:41Z  
    Here is what is needed to remove "UTSCAN=x" from load cards, which is always generated in the current code.

This requires a change to RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rex program which is in the ...\raasync\rexx directory of the RAA Windows server:

Find this statement:

and replace it with these 2 statements (comment the original statement and recode to remove generated text).

The suggested changed to RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rex makes sense for Zos Packages. What about Distributed Packages using RaaSyncReceiveDistLot.rex program which is in the ...\raasync\rexx directory of the RAA Windows server

cards.nn = java2appl(cards.nn) ;
    parse var cards.nn leftCard ' { ' rightCard ;
    scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS ;

Do we just need to remove UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS from scanOpts?

-- scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS ; --@2012-11-13
    scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y ; --@2012-11-13 UTSCAN option deprecated-remove from load card
  • jocaseyibm
    jocaseyibm
    48 Posts

‏2012-11-13T14:55:38Z  
    The suggested changed to RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rex makes sense for Zos Packages. What about Distributed Packages using RaaSyncReceiveDistLot.rex program which is in the ...\raasync\rexx directory of the RAA Windows server

scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS ;

Do we just need to remove UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS from scanOpts?

-- scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_DIST_SYMBOLS ; --@2012-11-13
    scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y ; --@2012-11-13 UTSCAN option deprecated-remove from load card
    Given the earlier comment about changes to demh0700, scanzips and subdir are still valid.

I agree with your proposed change, once you add a quote (') to the end of the text to close the quote:

scanOpts = 'SCANZIPS=Y SUBDIR=Y'; --@2012-11-13 UTSCAN option deprecated-remove from load card
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-11-14T15:28:41Z  

Find this statement:

I'm getting error from RaaUpdate.rexx after I made change RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rexx. Looks like there is more to it
    we need to make change to RaaUpdate.rexx also ?
    here are statments from that rexx
    Line 320: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 326: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 492: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 498: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 556: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 562: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 2519: dmhloadrec = stale' UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_ZOS_SYMBOLS

Error Details from RaaUpdate.rexx

3:25:39 E. ***ERROR: Syntax error in line 727
    13:25:39 E. ***ERROR LINE TEXT: " _rc = SysFileCopy(p_WUnpackFile, p_wContainer"\"p_member) ;"
    13:25:39 E. ***Trace back >>> 727 - _rc = SysFileCopy(p_WUnpackFile, p_wContainer"\"p_member) ;
    13:25:39 E. Return from RaaUpdate.rex: 16
    ***ERROR: No variables in stack
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-11-20T14:46:59Z  
    I'm getting error from RaaUpdate.rexx after I made change RaaSyncReceiveZosPackage.rexx. Looks like there is more to it
    we need to make change to RaaUpdate.rexx also ?
    here are statments from that rexx
    Line 320: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 326: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 492: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 498: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 556: parse var manifestRec p_CMD p_zLibType p_SiteName p_Wcontainer p_Member p_Applications' UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts' {'other --@2012.03.30
    Line 562: if (p_ScanOpts '') then p_ScanOpts = 'UTSCAN='p_ScanOpts --@2012.03.30
    Line 2519: dmhloadrec = stale' UTSCAN='CFG_SCAN_ZOS_SYMBOLS

Error Details from RaaUpdate.rexx

3:25:39 E. ***ERROR: Syntax error in line 727
    13:25:39 E. ***ERROR LINE TEXT: " _rc = SysFileCopy(p_WUnpackFile, p_wContainer"\"p_member) ;"
    13:25:39 E. ***Trace back >>> 727 - _rc = SysFileCopy(p_WUnpackFile, p_wContainer"\"p_member) ;
    13:25:39 E. Return from RaaUpdate.rex: 16
    ***ERROR: No variables in stack
    Based on the line numbers and date comments in NW Rational's last post, I have discovered I don't have the latest version of RaaUpdate.rex. RW National has a version fro 03/30/2012 and I have a version from 06/30/2011. How do I get the latest version?
  • jocaseyibm
    jocaseyibm
    48 Posts

‏2012-11-26T09:18:41Z  
    Based on the line numbers and date comments in NW Rational's last post, I have discovered I don't have the latest version of RaaUpdate.rex. RW National has a version fro 03/30/2012 and I have a version from 06/30/2011. How do I get the latest version?
    Send me an email, jocasey@us.ibm.com, with the name of the person who gave it to you originally and your current IBM contact.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2012-12-07T19:10:31Z  
    I have upgrade my test windows RAA server to version 6.0.0.11 but issue with UTSCAN = Y is not resolved using RAASYNC. Looks like the only option is to open PMR for RAASYNC Rexx changes to correct this issue . Please let me know if anyone had success with 6.0.0.11 version using RAASYNC.
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    344 Posts

‏2012-12-07T21:30:09Z  
    I have upgrade my test windows RAA server to version 6.0.0.11 but issue with UTSCAN = Y is not resolved using RAASYNC. Looks like the only option is to open PMR for RAASYNC Rexx changes to correct this issue . Please let me know if anyone had success with 6.0.0.11 version using RAASYNC.
    I am going to try to help.

In RAA v6.0.0.11, the UTSCAN option has been removed. The RaaSync code (which is not supported by the development team) should no longer use this option to get the DMH_FILE_SYMBOL table populated. I do not believe it was a published API in the first place.

The replacement functionality is driven by a Common.cfg file property (SUFA=Y) in the scanningInfo section of that configuration file.

SUFA stands for *S*tructured and *U*nstructured *F*ile *A*nalysis and is the working name for RAA's SYMBOL scanners.

What I believe you need to do, based on a brief view of the RaaSync source, is:

1) Delete any references to UTSCAN= and surrounding logic in the RaaSync REXX files
    2) Add (or update) the SUFA property in the Common.cfg file -- it should already be there defaulted to Y
    3) Restart WAS
    4) Re-scan your source files

If you are still having issues after that, I may (with my boss's permission) ask you to zip up your RaaSync files for me to review. I offer this, as you are obviously a bit frustrated by this and it is starting to reflect poorly on my follow RAA developers and I.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

‏2013-01-08T15:01:59Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-12-07T21:30:09Z
    I am going to try to help.

In RAA v6.0.0.11, the UTSCAN option has been removed. The RaaSync code (which is not supported by the development team) should no longer use this option to get the DMH_FILE_SYMBOL table populated. I do not believe it was a published API in the first place.

The replacement functionality is driven by a Common.cfg file property (SUFA=Y) in the scanningInfo section of that configuration file.

SUFA stands for *S*tructured and *U*nstructured *F*ile *A*nalysis and is the working name for RAA's SYMBOL scanners.

What I believe you need to do, based on a brief view of the RaaSync source, is:

1) Delete any references to UTSCAN= and surrounding logic in the RaaSync REXX files
    2) Add (or update) the SUFA property in the Common.cfg file -- it should already be there defaulted to Y
    3) Restart WAS
    4) Re-scan your source files

If you are still having issues after that, I may (with my boss's permission) ask you to zip up your RaaSync files for me to review. I offer this, as you are obviously a bit frustrated by this and it is starting to reflect poorly on my follow RAA developers and I.
    I took UTSCAN= reference from all RAASYNC REXX modules with help of Brice Small (IBM) and was able to resolve the issue. Currently I'm using 6.0.0.11 windows version(on our Test Server) with RAASYNC version from June 2012. Thank you all in helping to resolve this Issue. Anyone who need newer RAASYNC version please contact Brice and he can get you that copy. But my only outstanding question is I didn't test this version of RAASYNC with Version 6.0.0.10 ( Our Production servers) not sure if i have to update our RAA version 6.0.0.11 before implementing this new RAASYNC or can we go with older version of RAA.