IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-15T13:12:55Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1283 Posts

Pinned topic Regarding Omnibus WebGUI Tools

‏2012-10-05T08:43:41Z |
Hi All,

We had a multier(i.e 3 Tier - colllection, aggregation and display)FMS System architecture system.I had a very important observation is when alerts are acknowledge or deacknowledge via acknowledge and deacknowledge tool on WebGUI AEL , the changes are reflecting instantly on alerts. But same is not happening when operations are performed by customised tools(TTCreation, AssociateTT , DeAssociatedTT, ManualClear)created by me and they are taking more time based on refresh timer to expire i.e. 30 secs. Also, in our datasources.xml file we have defined our aggregation layer objectserver so that all the tool operation are performed directly on Aggregation layer objectservers.
Can anybody tell me, what all configuration that we should do for our WebGUI customised tools so that all the action done on AEL reflects fast and updates the alerts at AEL.

Thanks and Regards
Sameer Bhatt
Updated on 2012-10-15T13:12:55Z at 2012-10-15T13:12:55Z by SystemAdmin
  • jeffri
    jeffri
    20 Posts

Re: Regarding Omnibus WebGUI Tools

‏2012-10-12T18:35:32Z  
    Hi,

Can you post here an example of your customised tools?

Actually, there is no way to explicitly configure the ncwDataSourceDefinitions.xml file so that tool execution occurs directly to the Aggregation ObjectServer. When you have Display layer ObjectServers, the XML file is configured so that the Aggregation ObjectServer is the primary ObjectServer (and an optional backup), and all Display ObjectServers in the read cloud. Tool executions occur implicitly and automatically against the Aggregation ObjectServer and Display ObjectServers. This is why I asked for an example of your customised tools to see why would it be that the result of their execution is not immediately visible.

Thanks,
    Jeffri
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1283 Posts

Re: Regarding Omnibus WebGUI Tools

‏2012-10-15T13:12:55Z  
    • jeffri
    • ‏2012-10-12T18:35:32Z
    Hi,

Can you post here an example of your customised tools?

Actually, there is no way to explicitly configure the ncwDataSourceDefinitions.xml file so that tool execution occurs directly to the Aggregation ObjectServer. When you have Display layer ObjectServers, the XML file is configured so that the Aggregation ObjectServer is the primary ObjectServer (and an optional backup), and all Display ObjectServers in the read cloud. Tool executions occur implicitly and automatically against the Aggregation ObjectServer and Display ObjectServers. This is why I asked for an example of your customised tools to see why would it be that the result of their execution is not immediately visible.

Thanks,
    Jeffri
    Hi Jeffri,

Thanks for replying. We have defined our datasources.XML file correctly (i.e. Aggregation ObjectServer is the primary ObjectServer (and an optional backup), and all Display ObjectServers in the read cloud). But the scenario is like that :

The acknowledge tool action operation is getting reflected on AEL in 3 to 4 seconds where as the other tool(deacknowledge Tool) are taking 30 secs(i.e. one refresh cycle) to reflect in the AEL. Kindly assist for the same.

acknowledge tool code:

update alerts.status set c_Audit = 'acknowledge tool operation performed successfully',Acknowledged=1,c_Operator = '%username',OwnerUID = %uid where (Acknowledged = 0 or (Acknowledged = 1 and OwnerUID=%uid)) and Serial in ($selected_rows.Serial);

deacknowledge tool code:

update alerts.status set c_Audit = 'deacknowledge tool operation performed successfully', Acknowledged=0,c_Operator = '',OwnerUID = 65534,c_NOCID = 0, c_SentToRep=0 where (Acknowledged = 0 or (Acknowledged = 1 and OwnerUID=%uid)) and (c_LogTicket = 0) and Serial in ( $selected_rows.Serial );

Regards
    Sameer Bhatt