• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-08T02:36:04Z by oymsj001
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts

Pinned topic header footer coverpage help needed?? RPE 1.1.2.2

‏2012-10-04T17:25:58Z |
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have different header/footer than the first page? I'm trying to use the style sheet to create the header and footers but I'm having trouble getting the continuing pages 2-?? to have a different header/footer and page margins. Also I was wondering why my first DOORS table is not being preserved like the others within the Module? Is there a better way of making the cover page and header/footer? I know you can create a template but I can never get the look I'm looking for that I can get using Word.

Also I thought RPE 1.1.2.2 fix the carriage return after tables it seem not be be fixed.

Thank you,
Jim
Updated on 2012-11-08T02:36:04Z at 2012-11-08T02:36:04Z by oymsj001
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

Re: header footer coverpage help needed?? RPE 1.1.2.2

‏2012-10-04T18:50:35Z  
    Also I noticed that 1.1.2 actually preserved the tables more to what was in DOORS than 1.1.2.2 or am I doing something wrong.
  • ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2012-10-25T22:07:53Z  
    Hi Jim,
    Re: Headers, footers and cover pages
    Here is my point of view on this. I used to use the same method as you i.e define the headers and footers and the cover page in my style sheet, but eventually came to realize that while it does seem quicker it caused me more problems.

So i relented and started using Master pages and defined my cover page in the RPE template.

Its not a perfect solution but it is far less stressful in the long run.

Re: the first doors table - If your using a common container set for all tables then they should all come out the same.
    I would talk to support about this
  • oymsj001
    oymsj001
    15 Posts

‏2012-11-08T02:36:04Z  
    Hi Jim,
    Re: Headers, footers and cover pages
    Here is my point of view on this. I used to use the same method as you i.e define the headers and footers and the cover page in my style sheet, but eventually came to realize that while it does seem quicker it caused me more problems.

So i relented and started using Master pages and defined my cover page in the RPE template.

Its not a perfect solution but it is far less stressful in the long run.

Re: the first doors table - If your using a common container set for all tables then they should all come out the same.
    I would talk to support about this
    Hi Jim,

For your first condition where you check if the text equals <<Table of Contents>> etc. it can be replaced by one regular expression, for example:

Object_Text.match(/^<<a-zA-Z\s+>>$/) != null
    Also for your table property preservation change the following Table properties to:
    resize to fit contents = false
    fixed cell width in column = true

What I noticed is your properties ARE being preserved, except the width is being ignored by RPE due to the previous two settings being swapped.

Kind regards,
    Samuel O'Malley